What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF - Brush, Soap, Aftershave, Blades

This pif is for a boar brush, soap, aftershave, & blades. Please read the story below, then I’ll get to the particulars of how to enter this pif.

I’ve been enjoying boar brushes a great deal this past year. When the Decemboar thread started (thank you @SharpieB & @MaineYooper) I joined in & realized I wanted to expose others to the joy of boar. So I purchased several brushes online from Pasteur Pharmacy with the intent of giving them away in pifs. I ordered 6 Omega 10077 boar brushes. Pasteur’s emailed me within 24 hours telling me they only had 4 of the particular brush in stock, so they asked: 1) Did I want just 4 & a refund of the balance. 2) Did I want a complete refund. 3) Did I want to create a new order using the balance I had paid. I wrote back saying I was giving the brushes away on B & B so I will take the 4 brushes I ordered & add a fifth brush of slightly greater value, then refund the balance. What I received was vastly different.

I received an email confirming my order was complete & shipped. The details of the order:
6 Omega boar brushes (not the 5 I had asked for). Pasteur’s kindly sent 6 brushes & didn’t ask for the additional $1 - $2 to cover the cost of the 2 more expensive brushes. Quite nice of them wouldn’t you say?

But wait, there’s more to their email. They also added three full tubs of shaving soap to my order & asked me to include them in the give-aways!
How’s that folks? Unsolicited, Pasteur’s donated 3 tubs of quality soap to add to my pifs.

Thank you. Leon at Pasteur’s, for your generosity!

So now, how to enter this pif.
There are two parts:
  1. Say “I’m in”.
  2. Describe a time you gave or received an unsolicited gift.
Winner will receive an Omega 10077 boar brush, a new 5 ounce tub of Cowboy Spice by Central Texas Soaps, made exclusively for Pasteur Pharmacy, a sample bottle of Pinaud Lime Sec, & 5 Personna Comfort Coated de blades. The brush has been bowl lathered approximately 6 times to help with the break-in.

Winner agrees to not sell or trade any of the items they win. If the winner doesn’t like any of the items, they can only give them away (pif it themselves).

Due to the aftershave, this pif is open only to CONUS participants.

My wife is one of the best gifts I have received, much nicer than I deserve. So I’ll let her read the stories & choose a winner later this month.

IMG_2067.jpg

I'm In

Being in Southern CA, I frequently fish Baja Mexico for Tunas, Yellowtail, Dorado, and everything in between.
On a day-trip last May, I watched another gent struggle on a few stops. By then, I had already bagged 3 fish in the 12-18lb range and lost one to a sea lion. On our way to reposition, I talked with him to not only assess his method, but to see if he was open to a tip or two to see if we can change his result. He was easy to speak with and seemed eager to learn, so why not...

First thing we did was walk him over to my bag and tied on a new lure. The technique I was using is often referred to as yo-yo. Quite simply using a heavy weighed lure, drop it all the way down in hopes that the fish chase it on your retrieve. If not, stop 1/4 - 1/2 way up and drop it down again; repeat.

To make a long story short, I coached him on when and where to cast out to account for the boat sliding into place after they cut the engines. As a result, I was rewarded with 1 more catch and 1 more lost to the same culprit. He finished the day with 3 fish, a technique he can use for a lifetime, and my brand new lure.

IMG_1712.PNG

1st day on the forum and still new to this style of shaving.
Look forward to chatting you all up

Not in, but I do have today's pif. Driving over to my job this morning and it is -8° f and I'm on the boat. Wonderful sea smoke coming off of the lake. As we are docking the deckhand is unhooking some of the chains before cars can get off. His glove catches on one of the clips and when he goes to retrieve it he loses it to Davy Jones locker. As I drive out off the boat I crank down the window and hand him a spare pair of Carhartt insulated lined gloves I had on the passenger seat.
20220111_074316.jpg

I’m in.

When I get my first job, I get some of a unsolicited gift. It’s a job in the capital and the rents are really high in this city. I contact a former aquintance from college to get some information. I was worried because I was short of money at that time and I need to start in the job as soon as possible. She invited me to crash in her apartment and pick me up in the airport. Took me about a month to rent a apartment which I have conditions to pay. I was broke at time, and I get a place to stay in such a short time and after I rent a apartment with a honest landlord who close the deal with a hand shake. Thank God there are people so generous in this planet.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Not in, but I do have today's pif. Driving over to my job this morning and it is -8° f and I'm on the boat. Wonderful sea smoke coming off of the lake. As we are docking the deckhand is unhooking some of the chains before cars can get off. His glove catches on one of the clips and when he goes to retrieve it he loses it to Davy Jones locker. As I drive out off the boat I crank down the window and hand him a spare pair of Carhartt insulated lined gloves I had on the passenger seat.View attachment 1392360
Great bit of generosity there! Lake Champlain by chance?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m in.

When I get my first job, I get some of a unsolicited gift. It’s a job in the capital and the rents are really high in this city. I contact a former aquintance from college to get some information. I was worried because I was short of money at that time and I need to start in the job as soon as possible. She invited me to crash in her apartment and pick me up in the airport. Took me about a month to rent a apartment which I have conditions to pay. I was broke at time, and I get a place to stay in such a short time and after I rent a apartment with a honest landlord who close the deal with a hand shake. Thank God there are people so generous in this planet.
Thank you for relating that story my friend!

@dmshaver : you are a gem, and I'm not talkin' about a single edge razor my friend. You are more like a diamond!

I'm not in, but whoever wins is in for a real treat. That Lime Sec almost had me entered though, lol. Good luck to you all.

Top Bottom