What's new

PIF - Bevy of Balms

I enjoy splashes as much as the next shaver...but I am truly fond of balms.
I've acquired a pretty fair range, and a while back, I also got a bunch of sample jars with a PIF in mind.

Here's what I plan to include:

Myrsol Emulsión (as I've said many times, my favorite shaving product on the planet)
Soap Commander Inspiration (now just an occasional seasonal item)
Proraso
Stirling Coniferous
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
444 (a gel, but in the family)
L'Oréal Comfort Max
MG5 (from Japan)
Bulldog

Just for fun, tell us the most remarkable sporting event you've ever attended in person.
For me, it was (and always will be) Game Six of the 1986 World Series.

I will draw the winner at random a week from today.

I've been to a couple of mavericks games but for sporting events it's the day my daughter scored more than half of the points during a basketball game. She is shy but on game days she really opens up. Makes me happy and I will remember it for years to come. I'm in as I am liking the sample /trial thing. Just bought sterling barbershop aftershave and wish I could have smelled it first. Thanks for the cool pif.

A great PIF - thank you!

The most remarkable sporting event I've been is either...

Ali vs Norton, their third matchup, on September 28th 1976 at Yankee Stadium. I was nine. There was a police strike on and people stayed away in droves. Announced attendance was 30,000 and the estimated real gate was under 20,000. My father had friends that decided heading into the Bronx with the blue brigade out wasn't worth the risk so I got to go instead. Ali in 15 rounds on points.

or

The Chicken Drop on July 4th, 2005 at the Good Friends Bar in New Orleans. The chicken hit on lucky 13 and there was much rejoicing.

Nothing remarkable, and so long ago I forget the year (early nineties sometime), but I attended a Buffalo Bills game on a rainy, cold November Sunday and watched them trounce the Dolphins.

I'm game...

I would say the 1994 National Finals Rodeo. I rode bulls for 10 years. I was 13 for the finals that year. I went to the first 2 rounds and the last 2 rounds. That was the year Adriano Moraes became only the third man to ever ride all 10 bulls at the NFR. I actually predicted that he would before the finals started, and I was there to see him do it.

I was cheering the Texas Rangers at the 2010 ALCS, game six, when Alex Rodriguez (former Ranger) struck out, ending the game and the series.

I don't watch a lot of sports but my favourite sporting memory is;
1: playing against the New York shock exchange here in Australia, they destroyed us but I put first points on the board for our team.
Thanks for the opertunity and seeing as I'm in Australia if I where to win I'll cover postage obviously

A most excellent PIF. I'm in.

For me the most remarkable sporting event (if that is what I witnessed) was an early prototype of what later evolved into MMA. I don't recall the year, possibly early 80's, or late 70's. I went to see what was called a 'Tough Man' competition at the Curtis Hixon convention center in Tampa. The contest was open to the public, and featured a wide variety of local tough guys, from bikers to boxers, wrestlers, and karateka. One boxer was pure hell, dropping oppenents pretty quickly. A local pro wrestler dropped a biker on his head, used a fearsome suplex. The dropped dude did not make the count. The boxer eventually won the whole thing.

You guys have been able to attend some great events, that's awesome.
I haven't been to anything more major than some non-championship playoff games for NBA/NFL/MLB, the one I enjoyed the most though was a game at Wrigley with my dad and brothers during my only (so far) trip to Chicago. Was so cool to enjoy the stadium before they made the changes and hang out at Cubby Bear beforehand.

Not sure if I'm eligible as I am in Canada but if so I'm in. Here's my most memorable sports moment.

Mid 1970's Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. My dad used to be able to score some really good tickets close to ice level through his employer. We caught some great games in the Sittler, Salming, McDonald, Tiger Williams era. I was less than 10 years old but already a hockey fanatic. Anyways, one time he got tickets for Leafs vs. Rangers. One of my all time favourite players at that time was Phil Esposito. Not only was he a fantastic hockey player but we share the same birthday which made him even more awesome in my young mind. Before the game during team warm-ups the Rangers are at our end of the rink. Esposito is on the ice not ten feet away and I start yelling at him, trying to get his attention. I can't remember exactly what I was yelling but he definitely heard me because he turned around, looked right at me, smiled and said "Hi kid". It was almost enough for me to cheer for the Rangers that night. I'll never forget it.

One of my all time favourite players at that time was Phil Esposito. Not only was he a fantastic hockey player but we share the same birthday which made him even more awesome in my young mind. Before the game during team warm-ups the Rangers are at our end of the rink. Esposito is on the ice not ten feet away and I start yelling at him, trying to get his attention. I can't remember exactly what I was yelling but he definitely heard me because he turned around, looked right at me, smiled and said "Hi kid". It was almost enough for me to cheer for the Rangers that night. I'll never forget it.

Only a few NHL players wore helmets then. I think there was greater connection with the fans in the helmetless era.

Great PIF!

1999. Barcelona Spain. Camp Nou Stadium, Manchester United vs. Bayern Munich. Bayern were winning 1-0 after a full ninety minutes, and United went on to score two goals in stoppage time to win the match 2-1, thus winning European Cup! Both United goals were scored in the End of the Stadium where I was sitting. It was complete bedlam in The stands. United had just done "The Treble", Winning The FA Cup, English Premier League Championship, and The European Cup in the same season. No other English club has won the big three in the same season before or since.

I am in... But one of my favorite sport event was a Ice hockey game. I do enjoy sports but it was the flyers vs the red wings and I have never been so excited and off my seat the whole time.. The fights I saw and the Amazing play..sorry I forget the when I went.. It was like 15 years ago

If having been at a remarkable sporting event is not a condition, I'm in. I've only been to a handful of Orioles games (almost all of which they won, which I suppose is remarkable).

Top Bottom