What's new

PIF: 3rd quarter 1966 Gillette Slim Adjustable

Congrats @FarmerTan - awesome PIF. So show us the pictures once you had the chance to give it some additional TLC. Really nice razor.

And generous PIF @azion1995.

Cheers,

Guido
I did my best to clean & sanitise it already. Not sure what more could be done short of electroplating, & I certainly don't have that kind of equipment handy.

-Z

Last edited:
I did my best to clean & sanitise it already. Not sure what more could be done short of electroplating, & I certainly don't have that kind of equipment handy.

-Z
O sorry, I did not mean to imply your had not given it your TLC already! My bad and sincere apologies if I did and potentially offended you. We are all here I believe for the love of razors and I think we all take care of our tooling.

I was indeed wondering if Stan would choose to have it replated or similar or nothing at all. I should have been more clear in my language.

Cheers,

Guido

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
O sorry, I did not mean to imply your had not given it your TLC already! My bad and sincere apologies if I did and potentially offended you. We are all here I believe for the love of razors and I think we all take care of our tooling.

I was indeed wondering if Stan would choose to have it replated or similar or nothing at all. I should have been more clear in my language.

Cheers,

Guido
It will probably not be touched by any soap even, from me, until it touches the shaving soap on my incredibly handsome face.

When a bug bites me the bug dies, seriously.

I kinda like things banged up a bit. Every vehicle I ever had that was pretty I got in an accident with.

Then I started buying ugly cars. People avoid me, and I haven't had a car payment in 30+ years. Think of the money I've saved on car insurance in that period!

@FarmerTan I am curious to hear what you think of the Slim...I have used mine a couple of times and I am not a big fan so far. Mine's dated M1 (1st quarter 1967) so pretty close to your PIF.

FarmerTan

@FarmerTan I am curious to hear what you think of the Slim...I have used mine a couple of times and I am not a big fan so far. Mine's dated M1 (1st quarter 1967) so pretty close to your PIF.
Will use it as soon as it comes in! And will tell you my thoughts.... I hope (obviously) that I like it. I never caught on with the *giggle* Fatboy. It just pretty much stayed on 4 or 5 after I used it awhile.

No worries whatsoever- no offence taken. Believe me, I used to fit pipe, and pipefitters can make sailors seem polite and clean spoken by comparison! ;)

-Z

FarmerTan

No worries whatsoever- no offence taken. Believe me, I used to fit pipe, and pipefitters can make sailors seem polite and clean spoken by comparison! ;)

-Z
Until I became a nurse, I was a hairdresser.

LoL, women can make all of us men shudder in horror after they accept you as "one of the girls!"

Yes, I love women. Anyone that thinks they are the "weaker" sex is nuts. More properly described as a beautiful vase than a fragile vessel....
Women give birth to children, which is literally the most painful thing any human experiences short of grievous injury. Due to this, they have a significantly higher pain tolerance than men.

Like you said, "weaker sex," my ***!

-Z

FarmerTan

Women give birth to children, which is literally the most painful thing any human experiences short of grievous injury. Due to this, they have a significantly higher pain tolerance than men.

Like you said, "weaker sex," my ***!

-Z
Amen. I saw my wife deliver my son with a horse's head. I was so impressed I went back to skool to be a nurse. I got to see a LOT of births. I don't know ANY man that would volunteer for that.

I used to joke with my "girlfriends" at werk that men are smarter than women. After they quit beating me up I explained that women have kids, most of the time more than one, and they know after the first one that it hurts nigh unto death.

If a guy had a kid, he'd tell his friends, and we're smart enough to say to ourselves, "well, I ain't NEVER gonna do THAT!" and the species would go extinct!

This proves Adam was just practice for Eve, doggone!

Yes, my theology needs werk, but I'm a layman, not a TRAINED theologian!!!

Like Prince said a while ago: “A woman is a blessing that should be thanked every day”. Mine is my better half I always say. For real.

Best,

Guido

FarmerTan

Oh, don't werry! I'm no bought and paid for politician! You'll hear the good, the bad, AND the ugly from me!

Unless I get on the installment plan for being bought.... Then I'll say what my handlers tell me to!

Top Bottom