What's new

PIF: 1918 Pocket Edition Gillette Old Type

I'm in! Thanks for the generous PIF and the wonderful opportunity to participate. I'm very curious how the older Gillette razors perform. 🙂

On a side note, I wonder how similar that razor is to King C. Gillette's design here.

Attachments

• 085DF5D4-FC9F-449E-9BC7-3DA7E6233716.jpeg
    085DF5D4-FC9F-449E-9BC7-3DA7E6233716.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I'm in! Thanks for the generous PIF and the wonderful opportunity to participate. I'm very curious how the older Gillette razors perform. 🙂

On a side note, I wonder how similar that razor is to King C. Gillette's design here.

Nice old time schematic! I feel like if I was wearing a top hat and a monocle, I'd be able to answer your question. But sadly...

I may have downplayed the shaving characteristics of the razor in my initial post. I only really find it a challenge on the parts of my beard that are always a challenge--chin and mustache. Basically, if I wore a goatee all the time, this could be a daily driver.

Great to have several new names in the hat. Welcome aboard, all!

Drumroll please......

And ..... the early bird got the worm!

That's right, @South Dakota Guy, the first entrant, is our winner of the 1918 Pocket Edition PIF. If you'll PM me your address, I'll get this sent to you.

Thanks to all ten entrants--it was rewarding to see the interest in this razor. Good shaves to all!
Wow thank you so much! I am thrilled to have won this amazing piece of history but it will never mean as much to me as it will to our German friend @JAHE , who will make this a family heirloom to pass on to his son. I would feel guilty every time that I used it. Please send it to him where hopefully this razor will get another 103 years of use.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Wow thank you so much! I am thrilled to have won this amazing piece of history but it will never mean as much to me as it will to our German friend @JAHE , who will make this a family heirloom to pass on to his son. I would feel guilty every time that I used it. Please send it to him where hopefully this razor will get another 103 years of use.
Now that, my friends, personifies the true B&B spirit. Two great acts of generosity — one from the OP in PIF’ing this great razor and one from the winner. Kudos to you both! You’re both winners in my book!

Thank you @nicked78 for your very generous Pif! I will turn 60 next month and regrettably I don’t have a son to pass that razor on to. I could enjoy it for the years that I have left that God grants me and then I don’t know what would become of it. I will be happier knowing it will be cherished long after I am gone. Thank you again.

Top Bottom