What's new

Pif: 1000 posts thanksgiving

I have thought about this for a while, and came to the conclusion that this PIF should consist of things that I enjoy using, and have meaning to me.
Rules of the PIF are:
1. Say I'm In.
2. Tell us, from the heart, what you are truly thankful for lately.
3. Be a member since before 10-05-2014, and have at least 30 posts.
4. CONUS. Sorry. Postage thing, unless you want to pay the difference before shipping out, then the skies the limit.

That's it.
PIF closes on Thanksgiving day 11-27-2014
Winner will be randomly selected.

Special thanks to Captain Murphy for working on the Gillette.
To see what this E-2 Fat Boy looked like, before, refer to Capt Murphy's "Gillette Cleanup" posts. It is in the Double Edge section, page 56. Capt Murphy also fabricated a spring. I did some plating, at home, on it, because there was major plating loss on this razor. It does shave great.

Here is what is included:
1.One Gillette FatBoy, worked on and adjusted by Captain Murphy.
2.One Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor, with case, and an original blade(needs Sharpening and Honing)
3.One Package of Gem Single edge blades(they fit in the Wilkinson after modifying).
4.One mixed container of Arko Voodoo Mix(Grated Arko with choice of oil mixed in, blended together). Either Lavender, Sandalwood, Almond, Rose, or combination of any, your choice.

$PB050502.jpg

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Not sure if you mean I had to be a member before Oct 5th, or after Oct 5th, but I'm in if only to say thanks for doing this and to talk about what I'm greatful for.

I greatful for having been born an American, where even though I grew up poor by national standards, I was well off by global standards. I'm thankful that I was afforded the ability to grab my bootstraps and propel myself into middle class with some elbow grease and grit.

Count me out, but generous PIF!

I'll share, nonetheless.

I am truly thankful for my amazing wife. Who takes me as I am, the good and the bad. And I am thankful that I can take here for everything she is, both the good and the bad as well.

Not in, but this is a wonderful PIF. Congrats on your milestone.

Lately I am grateful for my parent's health. I have started to realize I won't have them forever, so now I cherish my time with them even more.

I'm in. Sharp fatboy. I'm grateful for my wife and kids. Even when days are crappy they say and do things that make it better. They also have their moments where they try my patience, but the good far outweigh the bad.

I'm in! Im thankful for my family that is always there for me and my wonderful girlfriend. Oh and my new puppy! Thanks for the PIF!

Not in but thanks for the PIF! I'm thankful for the manifold blessings in my life including my family and friends.

I'm in. Great, great PIF. I'm truly thankful for my daughter and how sweet and beautiful she is. I'm so proud to have her in my life and don't want anything more than her love.

I'm in!

I'm most thankful for my loving wife and my wonderful child. I am thankful to be a part of this wonderful community.

Not in, as I recently won a Fatboy of my own in another PIF, but very generous nonetheless.

I'm thankful for God's grace. I certainly don't deserve all of the good things I've been blessed with. I shudder to think what my life would be like if I got what I deserved.

Not in, but thank you. .

I am thankful for the young men and women that are standing guard so we can sleep in safety. ...

Top Bottom