What's new

Pictures - The Captain has prototypes to vote on!

I like #1. The design is great. I could take or leave #3 and #4. I would not consider #2, as a just don't care for the design.

1, 3, 4, 2

#1 immediately caught my eye as it seems to be a compliment to the Classic Lathering Bowl. I was originally concerned about the opening being more narrow than the base and might result in clanking when loading the brush, but I'm willing to risk it.

#3 reminds me of the Seaworthy Lathering Bowl (my personal favorite) with the exterior ridge which may provide a more secure grip. I could easily move this one into first place.

#4 another winner since the tapered design might provide an improved grip.

#2 because one of them had to be in fourth place.

Scott, thank you for the opportunity to weigh-in on the prototypes. Be well and stay safe...

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

The reason I chose that order is the selection indicates which ones have the smallest diameter at the bottom.
I'd rather have a small diameter at the bottom because if the diameter at the bottom is larger than the diameter at the top, then whatever soap is put in it will have extra space to move around in the bottom.
Additionally, if you change soap or cream, a larger bottom diameter makes cleaning the dish out a little more difficult.

Ideally, in my personal opinion, a soap or cream holder should have a bottom diameter the same as, or slightly less than the diameter of the top.
I'd rather the soap be a tight fit at the bottom and easy to drop in, than to have it pushed in from the top, and slide around a wide bottom inside diameter.

1, 3, 4, 2

#1 immediately caught my eye as it seems to be a compliment to the Classic Lathering Bowl. I was originally concerned about the opening being more narrow than the base and might result in clanking when loading the brush, but I'm willing to risk it.

#3 reminds me of the Seaworthy Lathering Bowl (my personal favorite) with the exterior ridge which may provide a more secure grip. I could easily move this one into first place.

#4 another winner since the tapered design might provide an improved grip.

#2 because one of them had to be in fourth place.

Scott, thank you for the opportunity to weigh-in on the prototypes. Be well and stay safe...
3, 1, 4, 2

After much thought and consideration, I would like to change my vote. My feelings remain the same overall, but I must give the nod to #3 because I think the exterior ridge adds both a bit of character and functionality. It's unfortunate that it suffered a minor "wardrobe malfunction" and is missing the signature logo as this may have influenced my original ranking.

Have a good shave today and a better one tomorrow...

Last edited:
Top Bottom