What's new

Pictures of new product - tell me your opinion

We are working on some new colors for our lather bowls and wanted to see what you all thought of these two colors.

On a scale of 1-10 with ten being you are in love, give me a number if you would.

Secondly, if we offered these would you buy one?

Thank you in advance for your feedback, it helps us provide items that customers find appealing.

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

I like the green color. The black and white might hide the soap in the rings so you wouldn't know how much you really have left in it.

Would I buy one? Sorry, I have to say no as I think I have 8 lather bowls now. Wait, make that 9.
When I find one that falls in my lap for next to nothing then I still pick them up as gifts for newbies in my area.

Like the green and find the speckled one too busy Scott. Also I really came to love the depth of your copper bowl (regular) so visually the ceramic ones look too shallow to me. Is the depth the same between both materials?

Both are nice but I find the speckled particularly attractive and like the rounded bowl a touch more than the ones with straighter sides.

This may also be a good time for some feedback based on my experience with a CC ceramic bowl--a notch in the base may be helpful as a little water under the bowl creates a suction issue when I go to pick up the bowl that makes me nervous of an accidental break as it sticks on the way up and slips out of my hand landing hard back down on the counter or floor. I am extra careful with it after noticing the suction action but it seems a relatively simple fix that I thought you'd appreciate me sharing. I'd hate to lost my beautiful bowl!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Both are nice but I find the speckled particularly attractive and like the rounded bowl a touch more than the ones with straighter sides.

This may also be a good time for some feedback based on my experience with a CC ceramic bowl--a notch in the base may be helpful as a little water under the bowl creates a suction issue when I go to pick up the bowl that makes me nervous of an accidental break as it sticks on the way up and slips out of my hand landing hard back down on the counter or floor. I am extra careful with it after noticing the suction action but it seems a relatively simple fix that I thought you'd appreciate me sharing. I'd hate to lost my beautiful bowl!
I know this might sound a bit trite.... but I've found, putting down a bathroom hand towel, folded in half, on one side of the sink makes shaving more hmmmm "safe" might be the right word... no clunking down on the bare counter of anything. A soft landing for your razor when you re-lather in between passes etc... setting down your shaving bowl, etc.

It works for me but as we all say around here, your opinion might be different.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
On the shaving bowls, I like the one on the left... it's more subtle..... but people might like the other one since it's a bit more bold.

I have no idea which one would sell better. If you release them both, I'd be interested in hearing which one wins the race.

I know this might sound a bit trite.... but I've found, putting down a bathroom hand towel, folded in half, on one side of the sink makes shaving more hmmmm "safe" might be the right word... no clunking down on the bare counter of anything. A soft landing for your razor when you re-lather in between passes etc... setting down your shaving bowl, etc.

It works for me but as we all say around here, your opinion might be different.
A fine solution but from a product design perspective, not one I’d want to refer to customers if I could solve it myself by a simple design revision. As for me, I’ve simply adjusted by lifting off the edge first instead of straight up and I take pains to dry off the bottom of the bowl after shaving as I wipe down the counter. I’m just glad my first discovery of the effect did not result in a broken bowl.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A fine solution but from a product design perspective, not one I’d want to refer to customers if I could solve it myself by a simple design revision. As for me, I’ve simply adjusted by lifting off the edge first instead of straight up and I take pains to dry off the bottom of the bowl after shaving as I wipe down the counter. I’m just glad my first discovery of the effect did not result in a broken bowl.
There is that.

A lot of this whole topic comes down to personal preference. For myself, I always have a hand towel that my lather bowl or Captain's Choice scuttle sits on. That is on one side of the sink. The other side has a small wash cloth that my razor sits on between passes. I like to err on the side of a bit of cushion for breakable items. This is the first time in thirteen years such a thing has been brought to my attention. That leads me to think that many customers have some type of hand towel that the shaving gear sits on.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I like the bowls, the shapes are great.
Green - 3
I'm one of those guys that doesn't really like the fake "rustic" look. The green looks like it has been made to appear weathered, which I am not a fan of.

Blue/white - 7
The colors are cleaner, and it doesn't look like it is artificially aged. But I'm also not a fan of the random splatter spotting look. It makes me think of a Holstein cow.

Green - 7
Splotches - 2 This one just doesn’t do it for me.

But I wouldn’t buy either in the foreseeable future. I don’t really have any interest in collecting shaving bowls. I have the standard copper and it does me just fine.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Firstly, I'm not a potential buyer. I do have one lather bowl, but am primarily a face latherer. I only use my lather bowl for loading my brush with a cream, and am not considering another. If I was considering another bowl, I would be looking for one with a handle to hook my thumb over/through, for a more secure grip.

Onto your bowls, Scott. I much prefer the green to the ink blot, and also prefer the more rounded of the two shapes. So ...

Rounded green - 7
Ridged green - 5
Rounded ink blot - 2
Ridged ink blot - 1

Rounded green - 8
Ridged green - 6
Rounded ink blot - 4
Ridged ink blot - 2

I wouldn't buy any ceramic lather bowl. I'm a klutzy shower shaver, and have no desire to ceramic shards around my feet in the shower. So far, I've stuck to Marvy Green and Timeless Black. I expect that one of these years, I'll get one of your Copper bowls, but not ceramic.

Top Bottom