What's new

Pictures - need your opinion

2nd from left, followed by 3rd from right. I don't need any more mugs. Especially a $32 mug. But I'm pretty certain I'd be guzzling out of one if it was available; because they're so damn cool looking and undoubtedly solid quality like your shave stuff. Kudos for stepping up for customer input.

Counting from the left I like the 2nd and 4th the best. It would be nice if the logo is on both sides of the mug, as would availability in different colors.

Is it a bit pricey for a mug? Yes. But it's also a handmade quality item. I have one similarly priced mug from a local coffee shop that has them hand made by a potter and it's my favorite and sees near daily use. Can't say for sure I'd buy one, but I'd consider it!

Well gents, the totals are in. We posted this here, on our Instagram account and on our Facebook. We had this picture here but for the other venues I narrowed the choices down to four mugs with the picture below. Here is the picture:

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 9.46.08 PM.png

The vote totals from left to right were 30, 56, 24, 24. As you can see, not even close - #2 is the winner. We are going to have a dozen made in Gunmetal and a dozen made in Cobalt. We expect to have them on the site by June 1 or so. Pricing is still not finalized, stay tuned. I have been using #2 mug for several days and it holds a serious amount of coffee. By my measure a full 21 ounces.

Oh, man. I’m on sabbatical. You’re telling me I’m going out for a coffee mug? Oh the humanity! Really nice work as always, Cap’n.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for keeping us informed. Hopefully one will make its way to Australia.

Oh, man. I’m on sabbatical. You’re telling me I’m going out for a coffee mug? Oh the humanity! Really nice work as always, Cap’n.

If it’s not shaving related, you’re not out my friend! Same as buying a body soap from Stirling for example.

For me, mugs are one of those things I like to put in my hand before I buy them. Nevertheless, a few thoughts. Different angle photos would help me see these mugs better. As others have said, $32 seems steep for a mug but I see that they're hand thrown so you might not have wiggle room. If the mug is sturdy, I think a stronger lip might be a better match.

Any news on the coffee mugs?

@bberg100, @TheGrimWeeper, @BigD, @Davidkimberly, @snowback, @MilkCrate, @Lightcs1776, @meliahog, @YKMV

Actually I have been slacking - we have them and they are gorgeous. Both Cobalt and Gunmetal. Both colors are available in the #2 and #4 configurations in the picture. Have been swamped with the release of Nor'easter, thus the delay. Will try to get them on the site today. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience!

Here is a shot of the #4 mugs. We do have just a limited number of each of the two styles. Have sharpened our pencils and have a slightly better price for you.

IMG_0716.jpg

@bberg100, @TheGrimWeeper, @BigD, @Davidkimberly, @snowback, @MilkCrate, @Lightcs1776, @meliahog, @YKMV

Group shot:

IMG_0738.jpeg

They are live on our site guys and yes, we are very pleased with how they turned out. I had a fair amount made but quantities are limited. Based on demand we may or may not carry these. For now we will see how sales go. If there is anything you need from us it is available for your review here along with these new mugs: All Products — Captain's Choice

Thanks for your interest and do let me know if I can answer any questions.

~ The Captain

Top Bottom