What's new

Pictures: Custom Copper Lather Bowl - would you order one?

Our supplier put this together for The Captain and I wanted to see what you all thought about it. This is all very preliminary and subject to change but let me give you some particulars to weigh as you look at the pictures.

For starters it is an Obsidian copper bowl that has been personalized with my name. It could also be the initials of a customer or a nick name. If your name is Bartholemeux you may need to settle for "Bart." :001_smile Pricing is undetermined but likely around $74.00 with our plain Obsidian copper bowls being at $59.00.

Payment would be in advance with no returns possible. Lead time will be probably two months. These custom orders will need to be bundled together with our other shipments. This will help us keep the final retail price down for customers. These letters are literally carved by hand one letter at a time and so it is time consuming to get right.

Do you like the font? If not, what would you like the font to look like?

What about the size of the font? Smaller? Same?

Do you have any other feedback that comes to mind - please feel at liberty to share here.

Thanks for your help!

IMG_7353.jpeg

IMG_7352.jpeg

IMG_7354.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Our supplier put this together for The Captain and I wanted to see what you all thought about it. This is all very preliminary and subject to change but let me give you some particulars to weigh as you look at the pictures.

For starters it is an Obsidian copper bowl that has been personalized with my name. It could also be the initials of a customer or a nick name. If your name is Bartholemeux you may need to settle for "Bart." :001_smile Pricing is undetermined but likely around $74.00 with our plain Obsidian copper bowls being at $59.00.

Payment would be in advance with no returns possible. Lead time will be probably two months. These custom orders will need to be bundled together with our other shipments. This will help us keep the final retail price down for customers. These letters are literally carved by hand one letter at a time and so it is time consuming to get right.

Do you like the font? If not, what would you like the font to look like?

What about the size of the font? Smaller? Same?

Do you have any other feedback that comes to mind - please feel at liberty to share here.

Thanks for your help!

View attachment 1481026

View attachment 1481027

View attachment 1481028

@Captain Pre-Capsize

I had no idea what to expect as I was reading your post, as to what the font, size, or background would be like. As soon as I saw your picture, I immediately fell in love with it! 😍 I think the bold bubble font letters is awesome, the size is already perfect as it is, no adjustment is necessary.

And I was expecting text just over the Obsidian texture, I was surprised and impressed to see a proper background applied, for the text, this helps the text to stand out. Its IMHO, you have already nailed it as it is, and I love it. Great job Scott, my favorite captain! 😎

The standard copper bowl is a perfect example of form following function.
This thing looks like something a child brings home from school as a gift which their father is forced to use to avoid offending.
The font is clunky, overbearing and inconsistent and the fake patina looks horrible and dirty.

if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. These look awful. 😏

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think it's a neat idea and wouldn't mind having one. The drawback for me personally is that I don't like the faux aging/patina look.
If I could get one that didn't have the obsidian paint/etch on it in plain copper, I'd be all over it.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Meh. Not sold on the patina, don’t like the font. Scrap the name and go with initials, you know it’s your bowl, just personalize it and keep it understated. Keep initials similar in size to the side logo. Upscale the lettering, (Old English) perhaps or other classic font? What do I know?

I think it looks great. I'm a clumsy shower shaver, so I know it would get dropped a couple of times, so I have concerns about spending that much if it won't survive as well as my Marvy or Timeless. Maybe it would go on my Christmas list...

I like the "fake" patina but don't care for the personalization. Maybe a small medallion, similar in size and opposite the Captain's logo, with the owners initials. In this instance I'm thinking less is more.

Not sure if it would be feasible from a production standpoint, but either a small medallion or even a smooth copper circle could accommodate a small monogram of one, two, or three initials.

Something simple:

fonts.jpg

Last edited:
DB9C12FB-7942-4C0A-9CD9-7EEA4A8135EC.jpeg
F89E8E80-BCBC-40C7-80FD-736C86651245.jpeg
5F64D5A6-BE3F-4A2E-B6D4-204C5AFDD7EE.jpeg

Nice bowl..I don’t really care for the “personalization”, but that’s just me.
Highly doubt I’d buy one just because my current copper bowl was a direct acquisition from Turkey and it has served its purpose very well for a goodly number of years.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I like the look of the bowl, and the "Captain's Choice" logo, but the name part kind of cheapens the classy look of the bowl. However, I guess a lot of people like that, so perhaps have it as an option?

Top Bottom