What's new

picture request of r41

could someone post a pic of the muhle r41 with a blade in?

close ups of comb and blade from different angles would be appreciated.

thanks

camo

Here you go:
great-white-shark-1.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
It seems people either love it or hate it.

It's like my alum block in that

•it won't let me lie to myself
•it won't survive a fall to the floor

It's different from my alum block in that

•it looks better
•doesn't taste as sour
•trims my whiskers

thanks

first ride this morning.

das biest is not as bad as I expected. GEM jr. single blade is meaner than that if you dont respect it.

I found this morn to not overthink it.......and just shave with the damn thing

nicely precision crafted piece of equipment.

20200128_054526.jpg

camo

That looks like the tortoise handle. Very nice looking.

yes sir,

I dont get all caught up with "gription" (lol) of handles. because of the resin, it is a light handle making it head heavy......but with this one I like it. tons lighter than the merkur 41c 1904 OC which was my daily.

I forsee no issues with adapting this as my daily. if I ever get a couple days growth.....obviously won't be an issue.

holding the handle up to light.....it is resin all the way through.....no support bar/threading running through.

camo

I would be interested in seeing a close up with a blade in it. If it was no trouble, that is. I think I got over my desire to have 1, but all the hype over it has me wanting to have some way to compare it to something I have used. Which is very limited but my Rimei was, to me, SUPER aggressive until I bent on the guard a bit. you could rock the handle a good long ways on the blade edge from top cap to guard.

will take pics tonight or tommorow.

30 degrees okay. steep angle very comfortable and efficient. riding the cap easy and efficient as expected.

there is angle before or after 30 deg......that is harsh and feels like it would want to blade hop.

either way......I just intuitively found the right comfy angle for this razor and rolled.

im pretty sure if I can do it with only four months in......others with some time under their belt shouldn't have a problem. my mantra with this one will be.....dont over think it and roll with what feels natural to me.

camo

camo

will take pics tonight or tommorow.

30 degrees okay. steep angle very comfortable and efficient. riding the cap easy and efficient as expected.

there is angle before or after 30 deg......that is harsh and feels like it would want to blade hop.

either way......I just intuitively found the right comfy angle for this razor and rolled.

im pretty sure if I can do it with only four months in......others with some time under their belt shouldn't have a problem. my mantra with this one will be.....dont over think it and roll with what feels natural to me.

camo

camo
I have found where I get in trouble is getting comfortable with some of my milder razors and just mindlessly whipping it around and then grab 1 on the aggressive side and forget to pay attention LOL But with your mind on your business I haven't found 1 I could not get a good shave with.....yet lol

I would be interested in seeing a close up with a blade in it. If it was no trouble, that is. I think I got over my desire to have 1, but all the hype over it has me wanting to have some way to compare it to something I have used. Which is very limited but my Rimei was, to me, SUPER aggressive until I bent on the guard a bit. you could rock the handle a good long ways on the blade edge from top cap to guard.
these are the pic angles I was hoping for.

20200128_213509.jpg

side angle to show some gap

20200128_213554.jpg

and a little more

20200128_213625.jpg

these types of photos is what I wish razor makers would put out with product photos.

the blade really doesnt ride that far off of the baseplate.

GEM jr. gap pic below.

20200128_214249.jpg

keep I mind that this is just the way I just see things. i love the GEM but for me requires focus and light touch. single blade is stout....non flexing.....and unforgiving. trade off is one close shave with the right soap. to me on this type of razor there is alot of real estate between the guard/bar and blade.

just provides this as an example of my thinking. I realize opinions and schools of thought differ.

guess I should ad a disclaimer on this: make no mistake about it....this is an aggressive razor.

camo

Last edited:
Just upon initial observance of pic.... the razor I was hoping to compare the r41 to had WAY more exposed blade with much more gap under blade. That r41 does not look scary at all compared to the Rimie I was mentioning. I know looks can be deceiving so if I ever do end up with the r41, I will still take it cautiously LOL. If anyone has read up on the Rimie, some of the base plates are more slanted than curved, if that makes any sense, and are almost unusable out of the package. Sort of like this one only I believe mine was a bit worse. I am guessing the open comb or whatever onm the r41 adds to its aggression?

Attachments

• RedRightCenter.jpg
    RedRightCenter.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 9
Just upon initial observance of pic.... the razor I was hoping to compare the r41 to had WAY more exposed blade with much more gap under blade. That r41 does not look scary at all compared to the Rimie I was mentioning. I know looks can be deceiving so if I ever do end up with the r41, I will still take it cautiously LOL. If anyone has read up on the Rimie, some of the base plates are more slanted than curved, if that makes any sense, and are almost unusable out of the package. Sort of like this one only I believe mine was a bit worse. I am guessing the open comb or whatever onm the r41 adds to its aggression?

that is definately a gap!!!!

r41 I think combo of OC and blade angle of what is exposed.

camo

They are super cheap and I think the guy setting up the punch that stamps out the base plate at 1000 a minute can not get it consistent LOL

Also, thank you for taking the time to do that. I really enjoyed the close up for inspection. I agree that manufacturers should start advertising that way.

Also, thank you for taking the time to do that. I really enjoyed the close up for inspection. I agree that manufacturers should start advertising that way.
no problem.....I'm really happy with it. had a really close shave this morn. best I've had to date I would say.

I like pics like these because they show the nature of the razor somewhat.

camo

Top Bottom