What's new

Pics of razor blades are needed, can you help, please?

There is a group of B & B members that are working to update the Wiki page. Part of this includes updating the razor blade compendium to include as many razor blades as possible. To that end, we need your help.

Do you have any double edge razor blades that are not currently listed in the Great Blade Exchange (GBE) inventory? Here's a link - scroll down to get to the inventory.

The Great Blade Exchange

We hope to compile as comprehensive a catalog of double edge blades as possible. If you have some blades not listed in the GBE inventory, would you please consider taking pics of the blade/s & sending them to me? I'm attaching thumbnails at the end of this post showing the various shots I hope to collect of each blade. Please photograph both sides of the packaging & the blade. If you also have the tuck, please photograph all sides of the tuck. You can send the pics to me via PM.

If you want to participate but don't have time or the means to photograph the blades, would you consider donating them & I'll photograph them & add them to the Great Blade Exchange inventory. Please send at least two blades to be added to the GBE inventory. Let me know you want to send blades & I'll send you a PM with my address.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1081.jpeg
    IMG_1081.jpeg
    767.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1083.jpeg
    IMG_1083.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1084.jpeg
    IMG_1084.jpeg
    512.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1085.jpeg
    IMG_1085.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    787 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1095.jpeg
    IMG_1095.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1096.jpeg
    IMG_1096.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 8
So you need a tuck of blades for anything without a hyperlink?

PM your address please
All blades listed in the Great Blade Exchange have been photographed, whether they have a hyperlink or not. Thank you for the question. I'm asking for pics of any blades not listed in the GBE. I've sent you a PM, sir.

Last edited:
I see in your list of the GBE Lord super stainless mentioned but there are 4 different types (Cool, Super, Extra and Classic). Which are the ones you already have?

I just received a couple of photos today of the Classic. Other than that, I'm not aware of what the others you mention look like. I do already have some Lord Super Stainless blades photographed, they are at the bottom of this post. If there are others I don't have, if you are able to provide any or all of them, it would be most appreciated, sir.

Lord Super Stainless blades I already have photographed:
IMG_1290.jpg

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
David - I have lots of oldies - might be helpful if you'd list what you are after?

David - I have lots of oldies - might be helpful if you'd list what you are after?
Thank you for your question. I know I'm opening the entire universe of double edge blades with my request, but that's what I'm hoping to get. Any blade not listed in the Great Blade Exchange means it is not documented in our Razor Blades section of the Wiki. I am hoping to collect as many images of different vintage & new blades as possible to make the B & B wiki on razor blades as exhaustive & complete as possible. I would like the photos to either be taken by our B & B members or sent to me & photographed by me. I'm not wanting to go online & start downloading all the images I can get ahold of.

And FYI, our vintage section is practically nonexistent, so any & all you can send me would be greatly appreciated. Check the GBE for what vintage we have. A goal down the road is to break out the vintage blades from the new.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I received these today. If you need them for the Wiki. I’ve never heard of them. I’ll set a reminder to check my razor blade book when I get home for more info.

St. Lawrence Super Stainless.

7F5029CD-6ACA-4338-82C9-FEC947F69AB4.jpeg

8A72E1D0-27F3-4076-84B9-B560BA2BAD63.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Bummer, nothing in the book about the blade. Advertisement for a St. Lawrence Steel Corp. But IDK if that’s the same company as the blades I have.

BTW, if you (for the wiki or just anyone for whatever) want any info about old blades let me know. Might be in this book that I have.

EA95F9CE-3E9B-4E95-A52C-14B631B3B5D0.jpegF593D1ED-BF6C-4B31-BB0C-AFE3130BD2EC.jpeg

I'm drooling on my keyboard! I would love to get images of all your vintage blades, sir. I can think of a few options, let me know if any are agreeable to you. 1) You photograph the front & back of each wrapper & blade, & also the tucks if you have them. 2) photograph as many as you care to, 3) package & mail them to me to photograph & I'll carefully package & mail them back to you. Or were you merely teasing me with the photo? If so, it worked!

I'm drooling on my keyboard! I would love to get images of all your vintage blades, sir. I can think of a few options, let me know if any are agreeable to you. 1) You photograph the front & back of each wrapper & blade, & also the tucks if you have them. 2) photograph as many as you care to, 3) package & mail them to me to photograph & I'll carefully package & mail them back to you. Or were you merely teasing me with the photo? If so, it worked!
I wasn’t sure if you were interested in older out of production blades. I don’t mind doing a bit of photography, although it may be only a few at a time or when I get my head in that space. Should I just post my pics here for you.
Its okay to send me a reminder if I get forgetful. I’m still riding out this CoVid19 thing so Ive been keeping pretty landlocked.

Top Bottom