What's new

pics of a Boker "red enjin" model 101 Brand new never used.

I talked on another thread about storge oiling this razor I had, I said I would have pictures when I took it out of the celephane to oil it and put it back into storage.My picture taking ability is poor at best. The history of this SR is as follows. My Great Uncle Albery purchased it in 1920, for what ever reason he never used it, He didn't even open it and ofcourse never had it hone. I tryed to show the edge and the spine in the pictures. Anyway I was looking at it one day and saw a small discolored spot at the end of the blade up by the toe. I figured it was the first sign of what could or would become rust. As much as I hated to I know I was going to have to open up the celephane and treat it with something. I looked every were on B&B for the best product to use. I posted a threat and asked for advice and it didn't take long till I had all the info I needed and so I took it out took this pics treated it and rewraped it and put it away. So with all that said here are the pics..........I think
View attachment 154790

View attachment 154791

View attachment 154792

View attachment 154793

View attachment 154794

Last edited:
The date on the pictures are wrong. I didn't set the date on the camera when I put in new batterys. they were taken 03/31/2011. Sorry the pics don't do it justice.:cursing:

My pics don't do it justice. But since Uncle Albery didn't use Iguess I won't either. I just like having it ..................

Perhaps.

Yet perhaps Uncle Albery always regretted never having used it, and would not want you to make the same mistake.....

PM me if you'd care for a free honing on it.:001_smile

Me neither. I have a Red Injun Boker that I rescued from an antique shop that is a great shaver. Hard to imagine what a razor in such good condition would be like :001_tt1:

I'm in the group of " Use it" . Sort of the Jay Leno approach to cars. He's got some worth millions , should be in museums and what does he do? Drives them!
We don't own these things, we're only the care takers until the next guy has it. Be reasonable, tape the spine, hone it up and give it a go with your uncle Albery in mind. I bet he'd be smiling.
It's not mint, but I'm still using my Grandfathers, then fathers, 1908 Gillette. Love it every time I use it and can't stop thinking of these men as I'm shaving.

Last edited:
You should use it.
I'll throw in a honing, to sweeten the pot.

Whoops, I see that Seraphim already offered, but mine still stands.

Last edited:
How nice to have a piece of shaving history that actually belonged to a relative. :001_cool: Use or don't use. Doesn't matter. As long as you enjoy. Very nice razor.

First let me say thank you to the 2 gentlemen who so kindly offered to hone it for me, When the time comes for me to need a razor honed you 2 gentlemen are at the way top of my list. Now, As much as I would surely enjoy using Uncle Albery's razor I'm not. I have plenty of straights to use and having this one in the condition it is in serves me fine. It's funny, I only posted the pics show how a razor that old looked new. I didn't mean to sound like I was tooting my own horn about it. [funny how a thread can take a life of it"s own ] I've never seen a post were someone was showing something that never been used, So when I had to open it I thought that in some small way I needed to share it with rest of you. I completly enjoyed the kind and enjoyable things that were said and the walk down memior lane. You guys are alright in my book..........................thanks:thumbup1:

Just out of curiosity, what make is the other razor in the pic? Genco? Beautiful Boker by the way.
Well Rod [that was my dad's name] it is a old fea market find that I made a few weeks ago. It's a Wade & Butcher made in England. It's in pretty bad shape. I'm going to play around with it and see what I can do.....:blink:

Last edited:
Top Bottom