What's new

*Pics* Feed me Seymour.... Loading the Merkur Vision *Pics*

IMG_0288.jpg

Whenever I load this monster... I always think of the song in the broadway musical (from Little Shop Of Horrors) "Feed me Seymour" The thing opens it massive jaws - and you sort of "drop" the blade in and run away as it gobbles it down. It looks, feels and performs like a monster.... this is one meaaan meaaan razor, girlie men immedialy turn tail and run to your gillettes while you still can! :spockflam

IMG_0278.jpg

Mmmm.... gimme somethin' to eat.

IMG_0279.jpg

Step One - Turn the bottom "knob" on the handle counter-clockwise in order to open up the "jaws." (Silo is a little to "girlie" sounding for this monster)

IMG_0281.jpg

The top portion of the razor stays on the razor the entire time - but as you twist the knob on the bottom of the razor the top jaws come to life and begin to smoothly lift up. The full opening process is somewhat smooth and gradual as it takes about 8.5 twists to open up the monsters abyss.

IMG_0282.jpg

IGOR! It's alive!!

IMG_0284.jpg

Jaws open at full mast.

IMG_0285.jpg

Step Two - Drop a blade into the mouth of the beast. (note, this particular blade is used, which is why it appears a little grody. Scotto.... :a13: )

IMG_0280.jpg

Step Three - Twist the bottom knob clockwise until the jaws are closed. Tighten only until they are closed and it is lightly snug, DO NOT overtighten, as it will ruin this razor and snap the internal brass shaft.

Jaws closing on its prey....
IMG_0286.jpg

Blade locked in, jaws closed, and the wisker mucher ready to go to town!
IMG_0287.jpg

Note - Like the futur, there is no need to readjust the razor, as changing the blade will not change your current agression setting - unless you inadvertantly twist the adjustment knob on accident.

I have a Vision, and like it. Never really thought about loading the blade into it the way you describe it. But, I certainly see what you mean! Guess I'll never view putting a blade into the Vision, the same way again. I always think of using the Vision is like driving a Hummer.

When I see a Vision open I'm reminded of the monster robot from "The Day The Earth Stood Still" Gort with his disintegrating ray from his visor.
"Klaatu Barada Nikto"

Note - Like the futur, there is no need to readjust the razor, as changing the blade will not change your current agression setting

What razors would require this? What do ya mean by readjust?

I'm a little confused here, would someone mind explaining it to me? I keep my Fatboy set at 7 just about all of the time...does changing the blade without changing the setting mean it's not a "true" 7? When you change the blade does it get reset down to 1 or something, no matter what the dial says? :eek:

I'm a little confused here, would someone mind explaining it to me? I keep my Fatboy set at 7 just about all of the time...does changing the blade without changing the setting mean it's not a "true" 7? When you change the blade does it get reset down to 1 or something, no matter what the dial says? :eek:

Well with the Merkur Progress you sort of start at "0" again after replacing the blade and re-tightening the head...then reset it to whatever number you had it on before. At least that's how I do it with mine following the insert's directions.

Top Bottom