What's new

Picking a Custom Straight Razor

Was This Information Helpful

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
...who has enough understanding of his God given talents to know that humility is a small price to pay for the gift!

proxy.php

I found it an interesting read...and I have no interest in shaving with a straight. This article will make a fine sticky.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
So far it's 57 to 0 in the poll ... and all I can say is, where's the third option "this is fantastically usefull!!"

Superb, superb, superb. (And no, I'm not heaping praise on your work because of your personality/popularity ... :lol:)*

*and yes, Bill is a popular guy with a great personality.

Thanks for the detailed information, Bill. I treated myself a couple of weeks back to a Custom Straight and I have compared it to your descriptions. So far, I can say it meets your standards, which is reassuring (to be honest).

Thank you again!

Jeff

Wonderful prose.

I have been looking at straight razors for some time now although I'm still a long way off from going down that path. If I have the time and the funds to go down that avenue I shall be revisiting your beautifully honest post again.

Well written!
I wish I had had this information when I first started looking for vintage straights as well. A definite read for the individual looking for a custom.
Thanks for taking the time for both the text and the picture tutorial. The picture really made it come together.

What an outstanding posting. I should have made it here before I got on E-Bay...lol. Seriously, do you do restorations? I have a 7 dyas set (Ahacowa??) and a bunch of others I'd probably like to have reconditioned when I get back stateside. I hope that they are "workable" and worththe time and effort. We'll see. Pleasure meting y'all. Rich

Top Bottom