What's new

Picked Up My First Pipe: Let the Journey Begin

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Since all three of the tobaccos that your purchased are aromatics, the tastes and smells should have been sweet and pleasant. 1Q and RLP6 are from Lane Limited. 1Q is a classic. Especially, among new smokers and fans of aros. I've never tried Blue Note, but it's from Dan Tobacco. They make some great blends.

More than likely, you're puffing like a freight train. Pipe tobacco is meant to be sipped on. Take gentle, but full, pulls. It may take some getting used to before it all comes together.

Ah, I had to look closer to see the 1Q label. My bad. Never tried RLP6 and don't have a clue what Blue Note is.

@Bcobu1102...You may like a Va/Per, or an English blend that's not to heavy on the lat., like Squadron Leader or something for an English.

Or Carter Hall for a burley.

Oh, and get a flat of Mason jars, and some Everclear for cleaning fluid, and a bunch of pipe cleaners...like 500 pipe cleaners.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The thing about aromatics is that they never smell/taste like what the tin/bag note is as (and after) they burn. It takes a lot of practice "sipping" the pipe to tease out the subtle nuances of flavors in any tobacco.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don’t think anyone has said it yet, but click on Contibute on the menu button at top of the page and get your Brown Leaf badge. It costs $1 and lasts forever. This will grant you access to the Stock Exchange, where trading and PIFing of tobacco can take place.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I don’t think anyone has said it yet, but click on Contibute on the menu button at top of the page and get your Brown Leaf badge. It costs $1 and lasts forever. This will grant you access to the Stock Exchange, where trading and PIFing of tobacco can take place.

And a very generous place it is.

Thanks you very much for the heads up!

RLP-6 is pretty good, and 1Q is a perennial favorite. Your pipe is a real good looker!

Hope you have fun and enjoy the journey.

Top Bottom