What's new

Picked up C&E the other day...

And I must say, I'm rather impressed. I have been using, since I started shaving with a DE, the classic shaving soap. Granted, I've only gotten through one bar(or puck) of it so far. I always found my face to be quite dry afterward.

I started using the C&E Nomad this week though, and what a difference! My face isn't dry feeling at all now! Quite a nice feeling. I wasn't impressed with the scent in the store, but I bought it anyways, based on what I had read on here. Once I used it though, I rather liked the scent.

I got the aftershave while I was there too. First time I used it, I said :eek: ! But second time was much nicer, and more of a :w00t:. I've really only been using the Nivea stuff for quite some time now, so this would be my first *real* aftershave of any sorts.

So I'm sold on C&E for the moment. I like the wooden bowl better than the ceramic mug too.

I know this has been pointed out, but if you have a Discover card, you can use your cashback at C&E and get it doubled (well you have to order the gift cards from the Discover website, but you know...). I have a nice $80 to spend there this week. :)

letterk said:
I know this has been pointed out, but if you have a Discover card, you can use your cashback at C&E and get it doubled (well you have to order the gift cards from the Discover website, but you know...). I have a nice $80 to spend there this week. :)

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks.

I'm going to be visiting C&E again and adding to the stock I already have, maybe some aftershave, another tub of Almond cream, one of Sienna, one of Sandalwood.......................

I just picked up a tube of Sienna, and a cake of Sweet Almond and Sandalwood. I'm liking the Almond most of all, but sparing the Sienna since it was pricey.

Are the C&E Soaps meltable? What would be the best method to melt them and how long should they sit before they set?

Does melting a soap lose some of its scent. The Sandalwood scent is already quite subtle.

(BTW, Nomad Rocks! I sometimes just have to whiff that tube for my daily nomad fix.)

Pete D

Pete_d said:
I just picked up a tube of Sienna, and a cake of Sweet Almond and Sandalwood. I'm liking the Almond most of all, but sparing the Sienna since it was pricey.

Are the C&E Soaps meltable? What would be the best method to melt them and how long should they sit before they set?

Does melting a soap lose some of its scent. The Sandalwood scent is already quite subtle.

(BTW, Nomad Rocks! I sometimes just have to whiff that tube for my daily nomad fix.)

Pete D
Hi Pete,
The C&E shaving soaps are hard milled and do not melt like their unmilled brethern.. If you really need to reshape a cake, shread or finely grate it and place the results in the top of a double boiler with gently boiling water.. Pay careful attention when it liquifys to NOT cook it. Carefully pour and allow to set for a couple of days. Be prepared for a mess too!

considering the price of these babies down here in Australia, i might just be satisfied with them the way (and shape) that they are.

thanks for the info though. much appreciated.

Man, all this talk of C&E product has my wallet hand twitching!

Great stuff.

I look forward to another sale as when they had the Sweet Almond Oil Cream for half off in the glass jar.

jduffy said:
Man, all this talk of C&E product has my wallet hand twitching!

Great stuff.

I look forward to another sale as when they had the Sweet Almond Oil Cream for half off in the glass jar.

Did I mention that the ASB's work very well and with the EDT's it makes a great Trifecta? Is this putting you over the edge Jim?

Funny you mention the ASBs as I'm in search of another one and never considered the C&E products.

I'm really looking forward to checking them out next week.

jduffy said:
Funny you mention the ASBs as I'm in search of another one and never considered the C&E products.

I'm really looking forward to checking them out next week.
The great thing about their store is that they offer samples...you can try them all first to see how they work for you before buying them. Their products leave my face feeling great.

Top Bottom