What's new

Picked up a nice restored Rubberset

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Model 1500 from ebay recently. It is a sweet little brush. The seller did a great restoration job- probably a good chance that he or she is a member. Anyway, here it is.
fullsizeoutput_39f.jpeg

Looks great, you sure it aint ainad new? Thats Thats how good it looks to me. Have you used it yet? Whats the specs?

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
The seller explained the restoration process and epoxy type. But yeah, it looks and works like a new brush. The knot is new. I have only given it a gentle clean-up with some peppermint soap. It has bloomed a little.
The seller wrote in the listing,

"The old knot and all setting material was removed, and the knot socket re-bored. The handle was in nice condition to begin with, and required cleaning, buffing, and polishing, taking care to preserve the printing on the side and bottom. The handle material is interesting. I believe that it is some type of resin, but a fabric or mesh within the resin that gives the appearance of wood grain, or even the fine grain of old ivory. It has good weight and feel. The 20/65 finest badger knot was set with West Systems epoxy with the loft at 50. This knot has good backbone, and soft tips. The knot has never been used, so it will need cleaning and conditioning prior to use.Overall height is 3 3/4", so it is a somewhat small brush with a correspondingly small knot."

I like it a lot!

Top Bottom