What's new

Picked up a couple of watches on a cruise last week

SWMBO and I were taken on a Western Caribbean cruse by my folks last week, and we ended up picking up three watches: One for me, one for her, and one for my stepson, who turns 18 in Sept. He had been asking for "a nice watch" in the recent past, so we have been keeping our eyes open for one.

The ones that we got for she and he were Skagan, a brand which I hadn't heard of before, but they were reasonably priced at right around $125. His was similar to this one which is gunmetal colored. Hers is square-faced MOP with a rose gold case and mesh band, as shown here.

Mine, though, was a different brand, one that SWMBO picked out as being very "me" in her mind. It's a Citizen Calibre 8700 and she thought that it was "geeky" enough for me, what with all the dials and stuff. lol

I must admit that this is the first watch that I would call a "good" watch that I've owned. I laughed when I discovered that it comes with an instructional CD to put in the drive of my computer. Sure, it's not a automatic (which I am lusting for), but the ones that were available for me to consider were rather chunky and I was in the mind for something more slim and sophisticated.

Has anyone heard anything about the Skagan brand?

Nice watches for the money. I have a friend that is a custom jeweler and that is the only watch brand he carries.

I have a Skagen, they're great watches. I've had one of some sort since they became popular in the 90's. You can find them a lot cheaper at times, though.

Skagen is a Denmark company, now made in Reno, NV. I guess it's like the BMWs made in South Carolina....

Top Bottom