What's new

Pick only one soap: what would it be and why?

Williams, it never let’s me down. Cella is a very close second and like the smell more. Same consistency and towel-based shave soap which is what I like the most.If a budget wasn’t an issue, Floris or DH Harris hard puck.More of a luxury than substance.

Last edited:
It would have to be something mentholated from Stirling. As of right now my only experience has been Stirling Frozen Tundra I absolutely love it. I can generate a thick lather with almost the consistency as Barbasol but very slick. The menthol feeling is amazing especially here in the AZ summer. Post shave is great leaves my skin nicely moisturized and soft. I can use an alcohol based after shave even in winter without a balm the post shave is that good. My entire life I never used aftershave because it burned awfully due to shaving with carts. Sadly about 6 years ago I threw away all my aftershaves that came in gift packs with EDTs because my medicine cabinet was cluttered with them. I was shaving with carts and Barbasol back then. I love Stirling and a DE for allowing me to enjoy aftershave splashes.

It's tough to pick one. I am glad I don't have to. Part of me wants to agree with @Marco. For me, La Toja hits a lot of high notes. It is relatively inexpensive. It is small and makes a great travel soap. I find it very easy to lather with it and the lather is top notch. Having said that, I have to go with Pre de Provence No 63. It is also inexpensive. Being quadruple milled it is very long lasting and that also reduces the cost per shave. The lather quality is excellent. The scent though, that pushes it to the top of my list. It is my favorite scent of all my soaps. So let's say La Toja for travel and PDP 63 for home.

Pretty tough. Just in terms of performance for me, Pre de Provence.

But I like the scents from some of my other soaps better. But can always use a nice aftershave.

If I lived in a land of perpetual Winter, I would go with Tabac but I find the scent too "heavy" for the Summer months.
Since I live in a land of near-perpetual Summer, I would probably choose Haslinger.

Right now I'll say Haslinger: it's been my go-to for a while. I actually prefer Tabac in the summer, oddly enough. The post-shave is a bit lighter, and I kind of enjoy the scent in the heat of summer.

Stirling glacial electric sheep with splash asb etc

It simply shaves wonderfull gives a nice clean scent I love menthol and so far performs great even with hard water.
Oh and doubles as a mosquito repellent.

Would consider scheermonnik delfts wit with rituals samurai as a a more scent accessible alternative though

Tabac

Love the scent now, lasts forever, will be probably on the shelf in the store for years to come,
cheap, great for my skin, easy to shave with and so easy to load and build lather I think even
with shaking 90 year old hands it will go easy.

Oh how i wish though they would come up with more scents, (f.e.: Tabac Seville)

Top Bottom