What's new

Pick only one soap: what would it be and why?

tabac2.jpg

I'll pick Klar Seifen, a shaving soap that has no real faults other than price. I was lucky to find it on sale, so pretty happy with it.

People love to complain about the small container. I think the container is made small for traveling. The container just holds the soap, it is not a lathering cup. Take the soap out of the container to lather it, problem solved.
1615750627266.png

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It's tough to pick one. I am glad I don't have to. Part of me wants to agree with @Marco. For me, La Toja hits a lot of high notes. It is relatively inexpensive. It is small and makes a great travel soap. I find it very easy to lather with it and the lather is top notch. Having said that, I have to go with Pre de Provence No 63. It is also inexpensive. Being quadruple milled it is very long lasting and that also reduces the cost per shave. The lather quality is excellent. The scent though, that pushes it to the top of my list. It is my favorite scent of all my soaps. So let's say La Toja for travel and PDP 63 for home.

Sir, my most sincere apologizes for the late reply. Glad to hear you enjoy La Toja, for me it was love at very first use! Regarding the Pre de Provence No 63 you mention here, I cannot express any judgement since I've never used it. This is a French soap that is not available here in Europe. It's my understanding that it is reserved for the North American market. Somehow sad. :sad:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'll pick Klar Seifen, a shaving soap that has no real faults other than price. I was lucky to find it on sale, so pretty happy with it.

People love to complain about the small container. I think the container is made small for traveling. The container just holds the soap, it is not a lathering cup. Take the soap out of the container to lather it, problem solved.
View attachment 1236700

Sir, this is an excellent choice indeed. Actually, my favourite soap from Germany. :thumbup1:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Phoenix & Beau Spitire, I pick it because I like the smell. I want to be buried with a puck of Spitfire in my pocket to pay the ferryman.

declaration grooming

Foam is very characteristic, moisturizing and smooth are all excellent!

The only problem before was that it was soft, like cream.

This year, I suddenly found that DG began to make shaving soap hard!

This is great!

I love it!

so ,I started to update most of my shaving soaps to DG!

mmexport1616079125065.jpg

Only one? Hard. But it would be Ethos. And if I had only one Ethos choice, Colonia. Simply gives me the best shaves. Second choices would be Grooming Department (and that was a close close close second and my single choice there would be Angel), and then A&E (SoCal Hipster) and T+S (Indian Bay). But, thank heavens, I'm not limited to just these because, as you can see by this thread, there are so many others!

Top Bottom