What's new

~Pick ONE SOAP for the rest of your life~

Great Edmontonians think alike
I don't even want to use anything but Windsor, and I'm glad it's gettin some love here. I'm not sure how long we can expect Windsor to be around, but I am stocking up so I at least have a few, it's never failed to lather amazingly for me, whereas I can not quite say the same thing about any other soap, Every other one has had a poor lather at least once for me. And the scent is just to die for, too bad theres no windsor aftershave balm to be found in Edmonton.

Tough decision, since there are vey many soaps I've yet to try. At first blush though I'd believe that I'd go with vintage Old Spice soap, the caveat being that I could actually pay 1960's prices for it. It was good enough for my Grandfather, a 30 year Navy man, it's good enough for me.

Santa Maria Novella Crema de Barba. I thought it was MdC until I tried SMN. I am so sure that nothing I've tried compares to SMN that I am in the process of selling my entire lot of soap. Only problem is I wish the SMN weren't so expensive.

Not something I thought I could do, but oh man, after shmelling the shweet shmell of grated Speick, maybe!

$20160227_144534_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Last edited:
+1. I have soaps with more scent for when I'm in the mood, but those rarely get reordered. For performance, none better for me than DRH Almond. It's the only soap that I always have several refills on hand.

Mine would be DRH Almond as well (with MWF as a runner up).

I don't even want to use anything but Windsor, and I'm glad it's gettin some love here. I'm not sure how long we can expect Windsor to be around, but I am stocking up so I at least have a few, it's never failed to lather amazingly for me, whereas I can not quite say the same thing about any other soap, Every other one has had a poor lather at least once for me. And the scent is just to die for, too bad theres no windsor aftershave balm to be found in Edmonton.

Is there a reason think that DRH would drop Windsor?

Valobra Patchouli

proxy.php

Although I have yet to try Czech & Speak so that might pip Valobra to the top spot if the hype is to be believed.

To follow up on my first post... I've now tried Czech and Speake and I was kinda disappointed with the scent. For the price I didn't find it worth it. Instead I'm going to grab several pucks of Valobra Patchouli (and maybe Ferne) from Connaughts at nearly half the price of C&S and I'll be happy with this for some time.

Even though I have stuck with pretty much the same soaps for a long time and haven't tried a wide variety, I have to say Proraso Red (Sandalwood) is my all time favorite. I have used Williams (very dry and airy), Van der Hagen (OK, but didn't last as long as Proraso), Cremo (like pulling my beard out, one whisker at a time!), and now Proraso. The Proraso smells great, lathers great, and lasts forever.
Having said that, I'm going to look into Tabac, simply b/c it gets a lot of love on this website.....

Top Bottom