What's new

Pic of the week!

Thank you. I actually posted the version I made yesterday, which I think is a little too dark. I have a newer one that I lightened a little bit, which I think looks better.

Just be careful. You're right on the edge on this one.
One of the tipoffs that the HDR is going too far is the halo around the darker objects, starting to become obvious around the top of the tower.
Once that starts becoming apparent, it is a very short trip to looking bad.

Just be careful. You're right on the edge on this one.
One of the tipoffs that the HDR is going too far is the halo around the darker objects, starting to become obvious around the top of the tower.
Once that starts becoming apparent, it is a very short trip to looking bad.

After reading this, I went to look at my brightened version of the pic, and saw what you're talking about. Thanks for the tip!

proxy.php

-Xander

Nice Xander!

I picked up my very first mountain bike a couple of weeks ago while I was in Austin. It's a old one (2004 Gary Fisher Tassajara), but it's in good shape frame-wise and only the front derailleur needs replacing. It'll be a good bike to learn on the singletrack we have around here.

Nice! This is a hodge-podge of parts and brands on a 90's Marin steel frame. Originally started as a spare parts bike, then I started switching things up and eventually started racing it. I call this bike the "Lumberjacks axe" because like the proverbial axe that has had 3 handles and 2 heads it is still the same old axe.

I was pretty stoked to find a location with such excellent lighting to finally get a good picture of this bike, so I posted it here.

-X

Toys. This is my simple "run and gun" kit, fits neatly into a small Tamarac bag with one other lens. The camera doesn't fit in the bag with the speedlights, triggers, batteries, cards, cleaning stuff. If the camera is in the bag it doesn't get used!

proxy.php

-Xander

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
What do you do when your daughter's soccer team is losing 6-0? Enjoy the scenery. :yesnod:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich, those are terrific.

Thanks.

There's a few hundred more where those came from.
It's going to take forever if I intend to do any post on all of them. Those are straight out of the camera, just resized by 25% (plus the resize the forum does, the originals were 24mp).

Thanks.

There's a few hundred more where those came from.
It's going to take forever if I intend to do any post on all of them. Those are straight out of the camera, just resized by 25% (plus the resize the forum does, the originals were 24mp).

Nice eye.

How did I miss this thread? I am obsessed with my newfound hobby: DSLR photography. Hopefully, I can participate here and make it a more active subforum! :)

Expect many contributions from me.

Hope to see some pics from you! I started this thread just as a general sharing of images we like and take. Doesn't have to be taken during the week, just as long as you wish to share it. Shoot, my backlog for post processing often times runs into months long, so I may have edited the pic this week but taken it some time ago, lol!

-Xander

Hope to see some pics from you! I started this thread just as a general sharing of images we like and take. Doesn't have to be taken during the week, just as long as you wish to share it. Shoot, my backlog for post processing often times runs into months long, so I may have edited the pic this week but taken it some time ago, lol!

-Xander

Ha! I have NEF's sitting in the computer now for 6+ months. Just finding the time to sit down and do it can be hard.

Top Bottom