What's new

Photo size limit

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I think it's around 1,000,000 , less is better for storage on the forum. Most of my pictures are around 200,000 with good detail using my Samsung S10.

I've been told that you should be good to about 20MB. If you have trouble let us know.
The reason I asked was I was about to upload a photo that was 24MB and stopped thinking that was too large. I view B&B on an iPad and haven’t figured out how to resize them without breaking out the laptop.

the real question is the file format. everything over standard quality jpeg needs a separate viewer program.

my gifs seem to work ok.

gillette-aristocrat-proraso-aos-july-17-2020.gif

That’s way cool! How do you make those? The GIF I mean, not the razor.

thx, in adobe ps, 60 images, stacked, downsized, 'timeline', 'frames from layers', 'export', 'saved for web legacy', and the animated gif menu pops up. there's lots of online video tutorials. give a try!

and to your orig question, my experience is anything over 4mb is prone to issues. simple to resize, as above, i try to keep under 2400 pixels long side. or you can upload to any cloud service and then use the 'insert image by url' feature.

thx, in adobe ps, 60 images, stacked, downsized, 'timeline', 'frames from layers', 'export', 'saved for web legacy', and the animated gif menu pops up. there's lots of online video tutorials. give a try!

and to your orig question, my experience is anything over 4mb is prone to issues. simple to resize, as above, i try to keep under 2400 pixels long side. or you can upload to any cloud service and then use the 'insert image by url' feature.
I have got to lean Photoshop! I’ve got a Kelbyone subscription, so there isn’t any excuse.
I have since discovered there is a resize feature in the upload screen and picking large has always worked.

I got into photography in 1968, and processed a lot of B&W over the years. I switched to digital in 2001, and just never made the transition to Photoshop. I used Elements for a while but was never satisfied with the outcome. I tried Photoshop several years ago and was overwhelmed by the adjustments and how to get from there to where I wanted to be. Now I’ve got the photographers subscription so I just have to get it in gear. I’m currently shooting a Canon 80D with an array of lenses running from 10mm to 300mm. Most are Canon zoom lenses but I do have a nifty 50 and a Tokina 100mm macro (awesome lens!)

Since getting a new camera my photos upload differently on here. It used to be that you saw the photo as part of my post. Now there is an attachment that you have to click on. Example below. I'm sure it is a simple thing. When I get motivated I may try to figure it out.

View attachment DSC_0008.JPG

When you attach a photo do you start by clicking the photo icon in the tool bar, or do you click on the attach files button?

Since getting a new camera my photos upload differently on here. It used to be that you saw the photo as part of my post. Now there is an attachment that you have to click on. Example below. I'm sure it is a simple thing. When I get motivated I may try to figure it out.

View attachment 1187374
The photos from the new camera may be too big to display directly. When you want to add a photo click “Attach files” and select the photo you want from your photo library. Then click “show selected” at the bottom of the thumbnails. Once the photo is displayed you should see ”actual size” at the bottom. Click on that and you can select small, medium, or large. Medium is a good size for most photos. Select the size you want and hit done then add. You should get a dialog saying “thumbnail” or “full image” click full image then you should ge the photo embedded in the post.

Top Bottom