What's new

Photo size limit

The photos from the new camera may be too big to display directly. When you want to add a photo click “Attach files” and select the photo you want from your photo library. Then click “show selected” at the bottom of the thumbnails. Once the photo is displayed you should see ”actual size” at the bottom. Click on that and you can select small, medium, or large. Medium is a good size for most photos. Select the size you want and hit done then add. You should get a dialog saying “thumbnail” or “full image” click full image then you should ge the photo embedded in the post.
I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately, I am not getting that "show selected" option.

After clicking Attach Files and selecting your image, do you see a button labeled Full Image? That button inserts the full sized image instead if the thumbnail.

After clicking Attach Files and selecting your image, do you see a button labeled Full Image? That button inserts the full sized image instead if the thumbnail.
Nope. I don't get that option or a thumbnail it just inserts an attachment like this.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
So I cropped the photo and got it under 2MB and I was able to insert it normally. I don't think the photo is as nice, but at least I've figured it out. I'll have to remember to take the photos from a little bit further away from the subject to allow for the cropping.
DSC_0008 (2).JPG

So I cropped the photo and got it under 2MB and I was able to insert it normally. I don't think the photo is as nice, but at least I've figured it out. I'll have to remember to take the photos from a little bit further away from the subject to allow for the cropping.View attachment 1187669
It is so weird that the website acts so differently for different people. For instance, I don’t see any signatures on any posts. Yet, everyone else I’ve asked can see them fine. I’ve looked for a setting that might cause this and can’t find one. It doesn’t matter whether I use my iPad, my iPhone, or my Windows 10 machine. They all work the same way. It has to be something in my user settings.

It is so weird that the website acts so differently for different people. For instance, I don’t see any signatures on any posts. Yet, everyone else I’ve asked can see them fine. I’ve looked for a setting that might cause this and can’t find one. It doesn’t matter whether I use my iPad, my iPhone, or my Windows 10 machine. They all work the same way. It has to be something in my user settings.
Go to your preferences and check the box that says show members signature with messages.

I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately, I am not getting that "show selected" option.
Sorry, that seems to only show up on the iPad for me. I don't get it on Win-10. As you have found out it seems to be a size issue. manually resizing seems to be the way to go.

Top Bottom