What's new

Photo of the Day

iphone pano of london from st paul cathedral dome, last week...

proxy.php

It's been a while since I've done any photography been a bit busy with work and life in general.

So I had a clear weekend finally and had a chance to set up the telescope again. I had two targets M81 & M82 (two close galaxies) and M3 a pretty globular cluster.

M81/M82
These two galaxies are gravitationally bound and the gravitational interactions have warped both galaxies. They are 12 million light-years distant toward the northern constellation of the Great Bear.

M82 is the longer irregular looking galaxy and the spiral is known as M81.

Pentax K-1
Losmandy G-11 guided by Lacerta MGEN III
80x180s
15 flats
15 darks

Stacked in Pixinsight Processed in PI and Photoshop
PI Processing
BG Neutaralization
SCNR
SPCC
BXT
Inverted SCNR
EZ Stretch

Photoshop Processing
Astropanel X
32 bit >16bit
Reset colors
Astroflat Pro
Camera Raw (Contrast, higlights/shadows, clarity/Dehaze, Vibrance and Saturation)
Sharpen
Astropanel Star Saturation

M81_M82_PI_PS.jpg

M3
Messier 3 (M3; also NGC 5272) is a globular cluster of stars in the northern constellation of Canes Venatici. This cluster is one of the largest and brightest, and is made up of around 500,000 stars. It is estimated to be 11.4 billion years old. It is about 32,600 light-years away from Earth.

Pentax K-1
80x180s
15 flats
15 darks

PI Processing
BG Neutaralization
SCNR
SPCC
BXT
Inverted SCNR
EZ Stretch

Photoshop Processing
Astropanel X
32 bit >16bit
Reset colors
Astroflat Pro
Camera Raw (Contrast, higlights/shadows, clarity/Dehaze, Vibrance and Saturation)
Sharpen

M3_PI_PS.jpg

It's been a while since I've done any photography been a bit busy with work and life in general.

So I had a clear weekend finally and had a chance to set up the telescope again. I had two targets M81 & M82 (two close galaxies) and M3 a pretty globular cluster.

M81/M82
These two galaxies are gravitationally bound and the gravitational interactions have warped both galaxies. They are 12 million light-years distant toward the northern constellation of the Great Bear.

M82 is the longer irregular looking galaxy and the spiral is known as M81.

Pentax K-1
80x180s
15 flats
15 darks

PI Processing
BG Neutaralization
SCNR
SPCC
BXT
Inverted SCNR
EZ Stretch

Photoshop Processing
Astropanel X
32 bit >16bit
Reset colors
Astroflat Pro
Sharpen

View attachment 1627942

M3
Messier 3 (M3; also NGC 5272) is a globular cluster of stars in the northern constellation of Canes Venatici. This cluster is one of the largest and brightest, and is made up of around 500,000 stars. It is estimated to be 11.4 billion years old. It is about 32,600 light-years away from Earth.

Pentax K-1
80x180s
15 flats
15 darks

PI Processing
BG Neutaralization
SCNR
SPCC
BXT
Inverted SCNR
EZ Stretch

Photoshop Processing
Astropanel X
32 bit >16bit
Reset colors
Astroflat Pro
Sharpen

View attachment 1627944
Great work!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My wife has been talking about going Dog sledding for some time this winter so this afternoon her and a girlfriend off they went this mild weathered day on Thursday March 31st 2023.
These are Siberian Husky's according to the owner & the males reach about 60lbs and the females reach about 50 lbs usually.
Hard to believe but I really think these dogs really enjoyed this short sledding trip, they are a friendly dogs or at least their behaviours seemed that way. Full of energy these smaller Siberian Husky's of the 3 main species, the other 2 main Species are the Alaskan Husky and the biggest one's are the Eskimo Husky's (only about 600 Eskimo Husky's are alive today).

Dog sledding #1.jpg
Dog Sledding #2.jpg

Top Bottom