What's new

Photo of the Day

Here in Germany they are already hibernating. Gives me something to look forward to in spring.
They're getting fewer and fewer around here, still see a couple on sunny days. It was upper 60s and sunny on Sunday when I got this shot. Rain snow mix Monday and yesterday, Supposed to be 70 and sunny on Saturday.

also getting cooler down here in so fla!
from the past monday morning, a little greenie perched on branch.
proxy.php

Early morning star gazing hoping to catch some meteors from the Orionids. I didn't see any, but the clouds broke up enough to get a shot of Orion, Mars, and most of Taurus. Mars is the large red one between Taurus's horns. Second shot is dots connected.
P1170899.jpg
P1170899-2.jpg

this tuesday morning, had a chance to try out a nikon z 400/2.8 little monster. it's only a pound more than the 800/6.3 but i didn't want to risk damage so used it with a monopod, which made flight shots pretty impossible. not many birds flying this morning anyway. really fast focus however. and great background blurring. all processed in adobe with some noise reduction.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I love Fall/Winter when the night gets dark early. It allows me to shoot for longer.

One of the best nights in months. absolutly no wind, no clouds. Great guiding.

I decided to try a wide field view of the Heart and Soul Nebulas and the Double Cluster.

My framing was a bit off and this would have worked better with a 200mm lens instead of teh 250mm Whitecat I used. The Optolong L-Enhance was a bit tougher to color correct than I expected.

I'm still working Pixinsight and APP version, but I was happy with this Sequator/Photoshop version enough to post it.

Details:

Pentax K-1

99x180s Lights

ISO 800

Optolong L-Enhance Filter i

William Optics Whitecat 51

Losmandy G-11 guided by Lacerta MGEN III Standalone Guider and ZWO 30mm Guidescope

Stacked in Sequator

55 Darks

38 Flats

Processed in Photoshop

Astro Panel:

Reset color and false flat

Under exposure Stretching

Dynamic Stretch

Remove green Cast 2x

Reduce stars

Make Stars Vivid

Nebula Boost

ACR

Adjust White balance

Adjust Contrast

Adjust Clarity, Dehaze and Structure

Vibrance and Saturation

Topaz Denoise

50_percent Heart and soul.jpg

Last edited:
I love Fall/Winter when the night gets dark early. It allows me to shoot for longer.

One of the best nights in months. absolutly no wind, no clouds. Great guiding.

I decided to try a wide field view of the Heart and Soul Nebulas and the Double Cluster.

My framing was a bit off and this would have worked better with a 200mm lens instead of teh 250mm Whitecat I used. The Optolong L-Enhance was a bit tougher to color correct than I expected.

I'm still working Pixinsight and APP version, but I was happy with this Sequator/Photoshop version enough to post it.

Details:

Pentax K-1

99x180s Lights

ISO 800

Optolong L-Enhance Filter i

William Optics Whitecat 51

Losmandy G-11 guided by Lacerta MGEN III Standalone Guider and ZWO 30mm Guidescope

Stacked in Sequator

55 Darks

38 Flats

Processed in Photoshop

Astro Panel:

Reset color and false flat

Under exposure Stretching

Dynamic Stretch

Remove green Cast 2x

Reduce stars

Make Stars Vivid

Nebula Boost

ACR

Adjust White balance

Adjust Contrast

Adjust Clarity, Dehaze and Structure

Vibrance and Saturation

Topaz Denoise

pretty cool!
have to admit, the process was quite something!
(btw, i only saw the image when i hit 'reply')

So I reprocessed the one I posted the other day. I did the Calibration through stacking in Pixinsght then moved it to Astro Pixel Processor where I did background neturalization and color calibration and stretching. Then I did final processing in Photoshop.

Stacking in PI gave me the full framing and correct orientation that neither APP or Sequator did.This is closer to the image I saw in my head when I set up to shoot it. Maybe I'd have the menulas more centered than they are.

Smal Heart and Soul Widefield.jpg

Top Bottom