What's new

Photo of the Day

P1480959.JPG

walked the wetland boardwalks this morning.
pretty quiet, many characters have already headed north.
some of the year-rounders were taking care of new kiddos.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The stork reminds me of a poster I saw in a hotel lobby in Kenya.
It had facts about various local birds and explained that the marabou stork
had naturally black legs but kept them covered in white feces
to reflect sunlight and keep cooler.

Thank you very much!
I thought it was interesting when I got my 80D a couple of years ago that it has a diorama setting that makes real life objects appear as though they were a diorama. I would have thought that you would want a setting that went the other way.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dude: you just made my brain go into the
I thought it was interesting when I got my 80D a couple of years ago that it has a diorama setting that makes real life objects appear as though they were a diorama. I would have thought that you would want a setting that went the other way.
"Twilight Zone!"

The miniature effect used to be done with a tilt shift lens that would tilt the focal plain of the optics to the sensor or film it would give a razor thin focal plain that was tilted making you feel you were slightly above and very close to your subject. Some newer cameras have software to simulate the effect. For these I used an ultra wide angle lens with a a very short close focus distance. I sat the camera right on the table surface to try to keep the focal plain 90 degrees to the ground and camera angle as close to where someone on the street would be. I stopped the lens down pretty hard to get as much depth of field as possible, but it still looks like I was shooting wide open. I would have to do a focus stack to get any more depth of field.

this tuesday morning, there were some breaks in the clouds before sunrise, so i was a little hopeful.
turned out to be classic "sucker hole"!

Reactions: shm
Top Bottom