What's new

Photo of the Day

I got a new lens Laowa 7.5mm f2 for micro 4/3 mount. It's pretty fun, it's rectilinear and will focus very close. Here are a few shot's I got so far.
P1480551.JPG
P1480564.JPG
P1480665.JPG
P1480687.JPG

Last edited:
My Dad has been working on a HO scale train room for the last several years. While I was over for Easter I got some shots I'll post here over the next week or so. Here is the first one. These were also shot on my new 7.5mm Laowa lens.View attachment 1247136

Hello Troy,

I'm very impressed with your pictures, and pleased that you and your father have a hobby which you can share. He is quite obviously extremely good at it.

For several reasons, I sold off my model railway equipment more than twenty years ago. While rummaging through my stuff, I found some rolling stock which had somehow been left behind. I've still got two locomotives: a British diesel switch engine/shunter and a German-made model of a Belgian steam engine, as well as some freight cars - I couldn't be happier. I bought some lengths of straight track, so as to be able to display them in my bookshelf. As a further step, I'm going to buy enough track to make an oval on the carpet and organize a transformer.

I'm now seventy. Because of the lockdown here, I can't sit in the library or in a café reading, and its mostly still too cold to sit in the park. Watching my trains might sooth my nerves.

Keep at it!

Cheers,

Gauthier

P1050648.JPG
P1060121.JPG

Hello Troy,

I'm very impressed with your pictures, and pleased that you and your father have a hobby which you can share. He is quite obviously extremely good at it.

For several reasons, I sold off my model railway equipment more than twenty years ago. While rummaging through my stuff, I found some rolling stock which had somehow been left behind. I've still got two locomotives: a British diesel switch engine/shunter and a German-made model of a Belgian steam engine, as well as some freight cars - I couldn't be happier. I bought some lengths of straight track, so as to be able to display them in my bookshelf. As a further step, I'm going to buy enough track to make an oval on the carpet and organize a transformer.

I'm now seventy. Because of the lockdown here, I can't sit in the library or in a café reading, and its mostly still too cold to sit in the park. Watching my trains might sooth my nerves.

Keep at it!

Cheers,

Gauthier

View attachment 1247922View attachment 1247925

Thanks! My hobby of macro and closeup photography works out well. My Dad has the trains and my Mom loves butterflies. Glad you missed a few when you got rid of yours they look great enjoy them!

No, in the Bronx, New York, where I'm originally from.

By the way, I somehow wish I hadn't sold my American n-gauge trains. However, one has to see things existentially, and be happy with one has. At present, I'm not willing to invest in any more rolling stock, unless I happen to find something at a flea market.

No, in the Bronx, New York, where I'm originally from.

By the way, I somehow wish I hadn't sold my American n-gauge trains. However, one has to see things existentially, and be happy with one has. At present, I'm not willing to invest in any more rolling stock, unless I happen to find something at a flea market.
Good luck stumbling across a N set. They seem like a pretty nice size as even HO can quickly consume an entire room and O really needs a large room to do right. I love hitting flea markets you never know what you will turn up.

Top Bottom