What's new

Photo of the Day

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I suspect you don't want to get too much closer to a moose!
You are correct, they can be unpredictable at times. Some times they looked really mangy rough in spring because they are ticked up and drives them kookalo form the little buggers. This one looks healthy.

A happy snap that turned out all right. Taken earlier this evening on a walk with my wife and our best friend.
IMG_0428.jpeg

I'm not sure what's in there, but I think it's one of the mausoleums at the cemetery we like to walk in.

Was it so important to someone to perpetuate their memory?

There are old cemeteries here in Germany which no longer serve their original function, and rather serve as parks - very pleasant. They also provide homes for rarer birds.

The mausoleums at this cemetery aren't just for one person. It might also be the original cemetery building with the newer one being up towards the front. I'll have to peek in there and see.

This morning's walk took us across the Marina Barrage again so this with my new iPhone 12 Pro:
tempImage08VI1P.png

Singapore flyer in the middle, Esplanade Theatres left of that (2 small domed things) then the Conservatories at the Gardens by the Bay, then Marina Bay Sands hotel, and behind all that the CBD. You can also make out the Supertrees. I certainly sweated out last night's alcohol, 33c at one point, but a nice breeze off the river. All in, a 6.2k walk.

This morning's walk took us across the Marina Barrage again so this with my new iPhone 12 Pro:
View attachment 1235906

Singapore flyer in the middle, Esplanade Theatres left of that (2 small domed things) then the Conservatories at the Gardens by the Bay, then Marina Bay Sands hotel, and behind all that the CBD. You can also make out the Supertrees. I certainly sweated out last night's alcohol, 33c at one point, but a nice breeze off the river. All in, a 6.2k walk.

great cityscape!

sunday morning i was in nearby beachfront city and grabbed this drone pano shot of the water tower!
edited in MS ICE.

proxy.php
I love these shots you've been doing! I can't quite wrap my head around how a fisheye pano works though. How many shots does it take and what does an individual frame look like? I think that tower may throw off the rotation of the earth. :laugh:

I love these shots you've been doing! I can't quite wrap my head around how a fisheye pano works though. How many shots does it take and what does an individual frame look like? I think that tower may throw off the rotation of the earth. :laugh:

thanks!
the drone is amazing, takes a spherical pano with 26 shots, while hovering.
the drone software can stitch it, but i use Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE), which is great.
here are screen shots of the process...

ms ice stitch.jpg
ms ice stitch 2.jpg

ms ice stitch 3.jpg

Top Bottom