What's new

Photo of the Day

I’m using an eyePad and when I click on the photo I have trouble enlarging it. It’s either the size I download or it goes way huge. There isn’t any in between. It’s a Badger & Blade thing.

if your ipad is like mine, on B&B, clicking on the photo file will open it in a separate window.
then two-finger stretching will enlarge it in one large step.
you can then swipe and scroll around on the image.
or you could download the image to your ipad and then offline enlarge, but those extra steps are pita.

nice! certainly not florida! looks like utah! hard to read the water tower!
this will get you to the city...

proxy.php

neat copper roof on the observatory!

what happened to your panny?

You are certainly quite observant indeed, Sir.

The observatory was restored in 2018. Astronomical research has a long history here in Tübingen. Johannes Kepler, after whom the new space telescope was named, studied here - he was born in Weil der Stadt, a town in this region.

My Lumix DMC-TZ81 wouldn't focus sharply - neither in the distance nor in the macro mode. The lens assembly was replaced under the guaranty.

Yesterday was again a beautiful day here, so I walked up to the castle and photographed this plaque for you.

Cheers,

Gauthier

P1050362.JPG

You are certainly quite observant indeed, Sir.

The observatory was restored in 2018. Astronomical research has a long history here in Tübingen. Johannes Kepler, after whom the new space telescope was named, studied here - he was born in Weil der Stadt, a town in this region.

My Lumix DMC-TZ81 wouldn't focus sharply - neither in the distance nor in the macro mode. The lens assembly was replaced under the guaranty.

Yesterday was again a beautiful day here, so I walked up to the castle and photographed this plaque for you.

Cheers,

Gauthier

View attachment 1184239

cool! quite a local history! thanks!

love the effect with pastels and frost!
did you get muddy?
where are the eagles??
Thanks!

Eagle Marsh is a small (just over a square mile) nature preserve in Fort Wayne Indiana . It is a berm that they built to keep the floodplains of the Wabash and St Marys river separate to keep the Asian carp from reaching the Great Lakes. In this shot you're actually looking at the berm. I didn't get muddy this time, just a little damp. There have been a few times in the spring I wound up in much softer ground than I meant to.

They say there is at least one nesting pair somewhere back off the trails and in the woods. I've never seen any there myself. I've been seeing more and more around the area though. Saw my first one (actually 2) maybe 5 or 10 years ago behind the shop at work. Hadn't seen any in the 30+ years I'd been living here before that. I know a few people who live right around the rivers and the say they see them all the time now.

Top Bottom