What's new

Photo of the Day

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
back to walking nearby spots at sunrise this monday morning.
luckily avoided the stray showers; pleasant temps.

Absolutely, positively, unsurprisingly beautiful my friend.

Incredibly nice place for a cup of coffee, possibly a piece of toast with strawberry jam....... I'm packing my bags friend!

Absolutely, positively, unsurprisingly beautiful my friend.

Incredibly nice place for a cup of coffee, possibly a piece of toast with strawberry jam....... I'm packing my bags friend!
thx. wish there was a bench there, but, alas, none!
i usually set the camera on a tripod, let 'er rip, and find a coffee spot nearby, then return to collect the gear.
so far, everything's stayed in place, fortunately!

FarmerTan

thx. wish there was a bench there, but, alas, none!
i usually set the camera on a tripod, let 'er rip, and find a coffee spot nearby, then return to collect the gear.
so far, everything's stayed in place, fortunately!
I live in such a place. 99 percent of my neighbors are good eggs. I still don't worry about locking my vehicle doors at night (or day, for that matter, lol!) I have been thinking of buying a "GoPro" or one like it. My son nextdoor has a few, I could always give it to him, and then borrow it as needed!

I remember, oh, nearly 33 years ago buying a Minolta VHS-C camera that had a time elapse feature. I did a few really nice "flowers opening up in the morning" shots!

YEARS before that I used my old Minolta XG-1 to do something similar with a cable release.....

I thank you my friend for bringing back some memories of happy, leisurely summer mornings! Keep the percolator plugged in for me, lol!

FarmerTan

I should add, my newly acquired wife went with me to look at that Minolta VHS-C camera..... newly married, no extra money... it was a used camera, probably barely worth what the gentleman (about 75ish, I'd guess) was asking for it. We told him we couldn't afford it. He lived with his wife, on a lake, as I recall.... He said he would sell it on payments. So he let us take it for $75 as I recall. Then we would bring him money every week. Soon had it paid off, interest free!

I'm so glad he was so trusting. I have videos of my Dad, at about the age I am now, that I would not have, which are priceless.

LOL! Anyone else remember being excited to watch home movies? Sigh, we have lost lot's of fun due to "progress..."

Mrs.C and I went to lake to check up on our place and found this guy hanging out by the pond. He watched us for awhile then wandered off while we sat in the truck.
A648F643-B929-4CC6-9267-9C13A216984F.jpeg

Top Bottom