What's new

Photo of the Day

any old baseball fans around?
harry cary appearing at atlanta braves, may, 1995.

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
any old baseball fans around?
harry cary appearing at atlanta braves, may, 1995.

proxy.php
One of my greatest thrills (two?) was hearing Ernie Harwell speak a few times. As great an off the cuff speaker as a baseball announcer. Miss those two. Baseball ain't the same on the radio without those two...

One of my greatest thrills (two?) was hearing Ernie Harwell speak a few times. As great an off the cuff speaker as a baseball announcer. Miss those two. Baseball ain't the same on the radio without those two...

Harry then Skip then (currently) Chip.

Ernie Harwell grew up in Atlanta but went on to spend lot of time with the Tigers.

another from film archives of providence canyon, ga., 1995.
this one is a scan of 8x10 color neg film, shot on deardorff view camera.
amazingly, it was all in focus and the film has held up reasonably over the decades.
crop section shown below.
not sure about exposure, probably f/32 and a second or so.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Moon, Venus, and Antares at twilight tonight.
View attachment 1342876

Did I warn you about night time photography? Once you go down the Dark path, forever will it consume your destiny... :em19:

Join me @troy and together we can photograph the Universe :letterk1:

Nice shot, captured the waning moon and Venus very well. As a bonus you got the star Dschubba, which is the head of the Scorpion in the Scorpius Constellation ! Antares is to the left, the star where the left and right arm/claw meet the head stalk of the Scorpion. Check out Stellarium Astronomy Software - https://stellarium.org/ it is a free planetarium and will help with identification and night photography sessions.

scorpius.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom