What's new

Photo of the Day

this saturday late afternoon, looking to Steptoe Butte in Washington State Palouse country...

proxy.php

This Tuesday morning, en route back to Spokane WA, took a few minutes for a shot of the Rosalia railroad bridge, concrete, built in 1915 by the Milwaukee RR, actually with two spans, one for a road and another over a rival rail track, plus the creek!

proxy.php

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
iphone pics from the plane, enroute from spokane to salt lake city, obviously with some filtering...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Good to see you up & about travelling again. Some very nice aerial photo's during pandemic. I just received my 2nd Pfizer shot so the wife & I can be a little more mobile in our later years.

Good to see you up & about travelling again. Some very nice aerial photo's during pandemic. I just received my 2nd Pfizer shot so the wife & I can be a little more mobile in our later years.

Thx!

Speaking of later years! Here are two shots of the iconic grain elevator just south of Pullman WA.
Left was taken in 1999 and right taken last week, 2021.
While time is taking a toll, this old structure has held up remarkably well.

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thx!

Speaking of later years! Here are two shots of the iconic grain elevator just south of Pullman WA.

proxy.php
2 year time delay, it was meant to be for your observation.

Thx!

proxy.php

That is so cool! The first shot looks like someone built a barn on top of another one. In the second it look like it was dropped on there.

Male eastern amberwing. These are fairly small dragonflies, 3/4 to an inch long and 1 1/2 - 2 inch wingspan. They are a wasp mimic. Not only do they have the striped abdomen, but they will wiggle their bodies and flap their wings like a wasp. They will also fly low to the ground more like a wasp than a dragonfly.
Also. Does anyone else see a face with a tongue sticking out in the back muscles?
P1550565.JPG

Top Bottom