What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Photo of the Day

I'm not sure what's in there, but I think it's one of the mausoleums at the cemetery we like to walk in.
Was it so important to someone to perpetuate their memory?

There are old cemeteries here in Germany which no longer serve their original function, and rather serve as parks - very pleasant. They also provide homes for rarer birds.

The mausoleums at this cemetery aren't just for one person. It might also be the original cemetery building with the newer one being up towards the front. I'll have to peek in there and see.

This morning's walk took us across the Marina Barrage again so this with my new iPhone 12 Pro:
tempImage08VI1P.png

Singapore flyer in the middle, Esplanade Theatres left of that (2 small domed things) then the Conservatories at the Gardens by the Bay, then Marina Bay Sands hotel, and behind all that the CBD. You can also make out the Supertrees. I certainly sweated out last night's alcohol, 33c at one point, but a nice breeze off the river. All in, a 6.2k walk.

sarimento1

Contributor
This morning's walk took us across the Marina Barrage again so this with my new iPhone 12 Pro:
View attachment 1235906

Singapore flyer in the middle, Esplanade Theatres left of that (2 small domed things) then the Conservatories at the Gardens by the Bay, then Marina Bay Sands hotel, and behind all that the CBD. You can also make out the Supertrees. I certainly sweated out last night's alcohol, 33c at one point, but a nice breeze off the river. All in, a 6.2k walk.

great cityscape!

sunday morning i was in nearby beachfront city and grabbed this drone pano shot of the water tower!
edited in MS ICE.

I love these shots you've been doing! I can't quite wrap my head around how a fisheye pano works though. How many shots does it take and what does an individual frame look like? I think that tower may throw off the rotation of the earth. :laugh:

sarimento1

Contributor
I love these shots you've been doing! I can't quite wrap my head around how a fisheye pano works though. How many shots does it take and what does an individual frame look like? I think that tower may throw off the rotation of the earth. :laugh:
thanks!
the drone is amazing, takes a spherical pano with 26 shots, while hovering.
the drone software can stitch it, but i use Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE), which is great.
here are screen shots of the process...

ms ice stitch.jpg ms ice stitch 2.jpg

ms ice stitch 3.jpg

Hrotsvitha is from that city in Germany. She is the first known female playwright.
That is something which I must admit I didn't know, although I hold a master's degree in Germanic languages and literatures. I admire your erudition. In A Conspiracy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole, Ignatius is wild over Roswitha. Thank you indeed, Sir.

Cheers,

Gauthier

sarimento1

Contributor
That is something which I must admit I didn't know, although I hold a master's degree in Germanic languages and literatures. I admire your erudition. In A Conspiracy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole, Ignatius is wild over Roswitha. Thank you indeed, Sir.

Cheers,

Gauthier
Aha! Now I understand the avatar! Herr Prof!

Top Bottom