What's new

Photo of the Day

850993E6-52CA-4FAE-AC84-949C0D00F1A6.jpeg

The cow jumped over the pink super moon. April's full moon is called the pink moon, not because the moon is pink, but for the pink flowers of spring. Last night's full moon was one of 2021's two super moons. The next will be on May 26th. The cow it is the weathervane on the bank in my hometown.
P1500850-4.JPG
P1500883-3.JPG
P1500800.JPG

nice weather this thursday morning.
altho hoping for a light show, just another partly sunny sunrise.
while the timelapse was working away, i had time to send the drone up for an overview of a couple nearby communities.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sarimento - you just about made me cry. I spent a couple years in Key West doing counter-drug operations. At one point the wife needed a small surgical procedure which left me with two young toddlers to wrassle whilst she was having it done. they cried and fussed for hours!! finally they fell asleep as I was driving up and down #1. I was able to pull into that little parking lot to the right of the pic and just sit there for a couple of hours while they slept. I was pulled out of there a year early to go and do something else that was deemed more important...., I REALLY miss the Keys.

Sarimento - you just about made me cry. I spent a couple years in Key West doing counter-drug operations. At one point the wife needed a small surgical procedure which left me with two young toddlers to wrassle whilst she was having it done. they cried and fussed for hours!! finally they fell asleep as I was driving up and down #1. I was able to pull into that little parking lot to the right of the pic and just sit there for a couple of hours while they slept. I was pulled out of there a year early to go and do something else that was deemed more important...., I REALLY miss the Keys.

JimP, that parking area is at Anne’s Beach park, a couple hours drive from Key West! I’m sitting in one of the cars there piloting the drone.
How are those toddlers now?!

I would think they’d submarine cables. I can’t see them stringing high voltage cables above the water…maybe to the underside of the bridge.

I actually got in touch with someone at the Keys electric authority and posed that question.
He related that it's much less costly to hang wires over water than to either submerge or string under the bridges.
Due to maintenance, insulation, safety, construction and other factors.

Here's another shot of the 7 mi. bridge, midday looking west from drone altitude...

proxy.php

Top Bottom