What's new

Photo of the Day

calm air, bright sun, good for backlit spider webs.
but, spider was not home.

proxy.php
Nice bokeh

The snow was melting as fast it was falling when I got off of work today. I managed to get one flake anyway.
View attachment 1196588
Anyone that can move fast enough to catch a snowflake before it melts is awesome in my book.

I once thought about setting your camera up on a tripod outside and sitting a glass plate where you could refocus on the plate and then popping the plate in the freezer for 30 minutes or so. Then catch your snowflakes on the glass and set the glass in the prefocused plane.

I’m overthinking this aren’t I?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
this wednesday morning at the wetland.
light was nice and the characters were all eagerly searching for breakfast.
d500 w/600mm.
couple others in the bird thread.

proxy.php
Wonder if the gator got the bird or the bird gave the peck in the head? I think the gator is to close and the bird is out of luck!

Wonder if the gator got the bird or the bird gave the peck in the head? I think the gator is to close and the bird is out of luck!

don't think it was a gator, rather some sort of blob that the egret saw floating under the surface.
here are two frames an instant before.

snowy dec 16 comp.jpg

here's a crop.
it looks like something with scales, but the egret just decided not to handle it!

green cay dec 16 2020 9538 s-2.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone that can move fast enough to catch a snowflake before it melts is awesome in my book.

I once thought about setting your camera up on a tripod outside and sitting a glass plate where you could refocus on the plate and then popping the plate in the freezer for 30 minutes or so. Then catch your snowflakes on the glass and set the glass in the prefocused plane.

I’m overthinking this aren’t I?
Thanks I use the Don Komarechka method. I catch them on a black scarf on the side table of my grill. I work handheld with the lens focused at closest distance. My left hand rests on the table and supports the lens that combined with a speed light gives takes care of most camera shake. I take as many shots as I can get moving the camera slightly to get different areas in focus than stack them in photo shop and remove the scarf with and adjustment brush with the exposure, highlights, blacks and whites all slid all the way to the left. This is a stack of 10 shots. He gets many more shots, and takes much more time manually stacking and making his shots perfect than I do though.

Thanks I use the Don Komarechka method. I catch them on a black scarf on the side table of my grill. I work handheld with the lens focused at closest distance. My left hand rests on the table and supports the lens that combined with a speed light gives takes care of most camera shake. I take as many shots as I can get moving the camera slightly to get different areas in focus than stack them in photo shop and remove the scarf with and adjustment brush with the exposure, highlights, blacks and whites all slid all the way to the left. This is a stack of 10 shots. He gets many more shots, and takes much more time manually stacking and making his shots perfect than I do though.
I would love to have one of these.

Top Bottom