What's new

Photo of the Day

this friday morning, basically clear sky, just a few whispy clouds.

proxy.php

and the video...

^great, perfect specimen!

this sunday morning, started out totally clear, then some low clouds drifted in from the west...

proxy.php

as you'll see, the light levels were all over the place; i'll have to work on processing technique to smooth those out!

Your eye is "noteworthy" to me!

thanks, but you're far too kind!

tripod setup, baby-sit camera for the first 20 minutes, step up shutter speed while light changes a lot.
then leave the camera on auto-interval, 7 secs, auto iso and aperture.
get coffee. with or without a bagel.
return in 30 minutes.
close the tripod, go home.
on monitor, select whichever frame 'looks' interesting.
delete the rest, perhaps render a video in process.
get lunch, do whatever day has in store, dinner, sleep, repeat next morning.
boring routine.
hopefully we'll get freed someday soon!

IMG_6906.JPG

Last edited:
I know a photographer that has a computer controlled rail. The program snaps a shot, advances the rail a programmed amount, snaps the next shot, etc.

He then photo stacks the shots to get very deep depth of field on macro shots. I’ve seen him stack several hundred shots.
I do small stacks now and then, usually less than 10. Much more than that and my computer really doesn't like it. I like those big stack pics others do, but for me I'd rather be outside walking around shooting than sitting inside fiddling with tripods and rails.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I know a photographer that has a computer controlled rail. The program snaps a shot, advances the rail a programmed amount, snaps the next shot, etc.

He then photo stacks the shots to get very deep depth of field on macro shots. I’ve seen him stack several hundred shots.

I'm SO out of the loop! I had no idea that anything like this exists! My last real "experimental" photography was with film. I was young and self taught and the internet would have been helpful! Ah, I miss those days!

And saving money by mailing the film out to "Clark's" for processing and having to wait for a week or sometimes two for delivery to see what mistakes I'd made.

I'm SO out of the loop! I had no idea that anything like this exists! My last real "experimental" photography was with film. I was young and self taught and the internet would have been helpful! Ah, I miss those days!

And saving money by mailing the film out to "Clark's" for processing and having to wait for a week or sometimes two for delivery to see what mistakes I'd made.
You may have waited long enough. Film is making a comeback!

Top Bottom