What's new

Photo of the Day

Great shots :ouch1:

I really like the one with the buffaloes on the road - and an otter always looks cute, no matter what it does :001_smile

Schools out - and has been for three weeks here in Denmark. They are talking about opening up a bit after Easter, with kindergartens and the youngest classes in schools.
Personally, I think it is a very calculated move by the government; the youngest children will have the youngest parents, and thus they will be better off, if they catch the virus.

proxy.php

Bored? Nothing to do? Here's my 7 minute slide show from this past winter week in Yellowstone!
Awesome! Great presentation and editing - and those shots are fantastic. Were some of them black and white? I noticed some almost seemed like it - but then the reddish brown of the tree trunks were noticed. One shot of the otter as it was fishing was timed perfectly.

Awesome! Great presentation and editing - and those shots are fantastic. Were some of them black and white? I noticed some almost seemed like it - but then the reddish brown of the tree trunks were noticed. One shot of the otter as it was fishing was timed perfectly.

thanks!
indeed several were processed into b&w but some were just monotone (hopefully not monotonous!).
there were a couple otters scooting around in the river and ice, looking for fish or whatever.
pretty cold while shooting for half hour from bridge over the yellowstone river...about 15 deg F and breezy, IIRC!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
One of my favorite shots (one on bottom). A Black Swallowtail. I groomed him/her from a pea pod. His/her chrysalis, along with 18 others, was on my dill plant growing in the garden. I left them alone because I was curious to see what was going to come out. This is a picture minutes after hatching from their little cocoon. He/her's clinging to a bolted flower on my Thai basil. The top one is on Petunias.
20180627_074450.jpg

20180627_075528.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is a photo of my Grandpa's school class. He's the tall one in the back. Not sure of the School or year, but it was in Adams County Indiana sometime in the 30's.View attachment 1086525
Those children indicate life could be be bitter during those dirty thirties for a lot of family members. You can see some were optimistic with their facial reads. Interesting photo you presented.
It would be hard to read faces today because they would be wearing face masks because of this dam Covid 19 virus.

Those children indicate life could be be bitter during those dirty thirties for a lot of family members. You can see some were optimistic with their facial reads. Interesting photo you presented.
It would be hard to read faces today because they would be wearing face masks because of this dam Covid 19 virus.
Yeah, there's a lot of emotions and grumpy faces, some smiling and some clowning around making motion blur. Definitely a lot of stories. Grandpa's looking sharp with a nice smile though.

Top Bottom