What's new

Photo of the Day

A quick self portrait in my work in progress Studio area
DSC03603-copy.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
@troy

For you. First Mantis I've seen this year...was on my truck. I'm sure they have been out there awhile just haven't come across one yet.

Not a great pic...don't have a macro lens. The sunlight coming through the tree branches lit it up pretty well...I think.

DSC_0016 (2).JPG

Henchman gets orders from the CRIMSON GHOST.....View attachment 1012287

Love those old cars.

How 'bout a Model T? There's one up the road that I haven't stopped to take a picture of yet.

@troy

For you. First Mantis I've seen this year...was on my truck. I'm sure they have been out there awhile just haven't come across one yet.

Not a great pic...don't have a macro lens. The sunlight coming through the tree branches lit it up pretty well...I think.

View attachment 1015296

Love those old cars.

How 'bout a Model T? There's one up the road that I haven't stopped to take a picture of yet.
Great shot! That looks pretty young for this time of year, or maybe a different species than I'm used to seeing. I've only seen a couple this year and haven't gotten very good shots. Last year there were bunches of them in my bushes and yard. I couldn't mow without having to avoid 4 or 5 of them.

Oh that is excellent! There are a bunch of bullfrogs out by the pond, but I can't get anywhere near them without them jumping in the water.
Thanks! Bullfrogs always jump away from me too. Toads are usually pretty easy going. He sat pretty well for me, let me take plenty of shot to chose from only tried to hop off a couple of times, but didn't go far. I had a mantis fly right over my head this afternoon, but by the time I got the camera it flew off again.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Thanks! Bullfrogs always jump away from me too. Toads are usually pretty easy going. He sat pretty well for me, let me take plenty of shot to chose from only tried to hop off a couple of times, but didn't go far. I had a mantis fly right over my head this afternoon, but by the time I got the camera it flew off again.

There are some of the tiny pond frogs that come up in the yard from time to time, but I haven't seen any yet. The cats get them at times.

Great shot. Lovely diffusion of flash light.

That's not just a photograph of a toad, that's a toad portrait. Love the catchlight in the eye!
Thanks guys! The flash was mounted on camera with a small collapsible softbox. Turning the camera in a vertical orientation side lighting. The toad was pretty good at posing and letting me play around with the settings.

I thought something seemed a little odd about this Monarch. Colors seemed a little different, not as black of black and less white spots on the body, also seemed slightly small. Turns out it's not a Monarch at all, but a Viceroy.
P1140334(rc1rs).jpg
P1140354(r1c3rs).jpg

Top Bottom