What's new

Photo of the Day

It has been a while but I was able to make a visit to our local arboretum as they had late spring blooms and an African sculpture exhibit. Here is my POTD (from Saturday):

proxy.php

Sony a6500 --- Meyer-Optik Orestor 135mm @ 2.8​

It has been a while but I was able to make a visit to our local arboretum as they had late spring blooms and an African sculpture exhibit. Here is my POTD (from Saturday):

Sony a6500 --- Meyer-Optik Orestor 135mm @ 2.8[/CENTER]

Woo-hoo, another mirrorless/manual guy! Lovely shot.

Here's my contribution...

"Sand Angles" - such acute title, right? (grin)
Garrapata State Beach
Sony NEX-5, Minolta MD 24/2.8 @F16, 1/125 sec, ISO 200
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DSC01821-copy.jpg
DSC01836-copy.jpg
Finally got a chance to set up my portable studio set up. Behind the scenes info, the backdrop is a pop-up studio black/white reversible. Lighting is off camera TT685 inside a Godox Octobox (look at the highlights in the eyes). Model is my long suffering partner. Sony A7ii and Sony FE50mm f1.8.

+1

Good work Troy. Do you have a long lens set up?
Thanks Lane!
I have a Fugifilm S5700. It's a digital SLR, but no changeable lens. I believe it's a 10X optical zoom. The cat isn't as high in the tree as it appears, and I was pretty close to the toad. They're pretty confident in there camoflage, so if your're slow to sneak up they usually sit pretty still. I used to have a Minolta 35mm with a 80- 300MM lens, I loved being able to manually zoom and focus the big lens, but film and developing gets pricey fast.

At my drive during the weekend I came by a small hilltop with a great view over a lake and an inlet. The highest point of the hill was a part of a field but 30 yards into the field there was a approximate 30x30 feet square with some trees, rocks and a rustic bench pointing in the direction of the lake and inlet.
There was a small trail from the road to the square, so I crossed the field and found this plate at the back of the bench, and I really like it, it tells a story.

The plate say:
"Morten Alfastsen
in memory of
Ester Alfastsen
1930-2014
"

proxy.php

At my drive during the weekend I came by a small hilltop with a great view over a lake and an inlet. The highest point of the hill was a part of a field but 30 yards into the field there was a approximate 30x30 feet square with some trees, rocks and a rustic bench pointing in the direction of the lake and inlet.
There was a small trail from the road to the square, so I crossed the field and found this plate at the back of the bench, and I really like it, it tells a story.

The plate say:
"Morten Alfastsen
in memory of
Ester Alfastsen
1930-2014
"

proxy.php

Excellent. The shallow depth of field makes it look almost 3D!

View attachment 792815 View attachment 792816 Finally got a chance to set up my portable studio set up. Behind the scenes info, the backdrop is a pop-up studio black/white reversible. Lighting is off camera TT685 inside a Godox Octobox (look at the highlights in the eyes). Model is my long suffering partner. Sony A7ii and Sony FE50mm f1.8.

Carl those pop! You have some of the most contrasty, sharp and detailed images I've seen. Superb results and obviously a good investment!

Thanks Lane. A little raw processing enhances the dynamic range, a moment's work, but the A7ii does really pull off some heavy duty work on capturing the detail in the first place. Not the place for a lens review, but whilst I can't knock the output quality of the 50mm, it certainly isn't as assured in the focussing as the 85mm. It is, however, half the price.

Today's shot is a local literary giant, Arnold Bennett, whose statues have appeared almost overnight.
DSC01843-copy.jpg

Thank you very much Lane :001_smile

Great shot Carl :thumbup:

Stumbled upon those two fields and couldn't resist taking a photo.

ISO 400, F5.6, 1/800 sec. @75 mm, exposure compensation -1.3
proxy.php

Thank you very much Lane :001_smile

Great shot Carl :thumbup:

Stumbled upon those two fields and couldn't resist taking a photo.

ISO 400, F5.6, 1/800 sec. @75 mm, exposure compensation -1.3
Outstanding. Love the DOF choice, the contrasting colors & textures, and the framing.

Top Bottom