What's new

FS Phoenixkh's Clearance Sale: Razors and Brushes.CONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've been reading any of my posts over the last few months, you will have noticed I purchased quite a few razors... all of them excellent. I've decided to thin down the herd and will be offering quite a few quality razors over the next few weeks.

This is the first offering listed from left to right.

1. Gillette England Flat Bottom Tech #77 (Fat handle). Mirror Nickel Finish. The top of the box on this one has a design. The second one just has rounded corners

2. Gillett England Flat Bottom Tech #77 (Fat handle). Mirror Nickel Finish.

3. Gillette England NEW Raised Flat Bottom #44. Silver plated

All three have been brilliantly replated by Chris Spencer @ Back Roads Gold. I included his tags in the photos and will include them with the shipment. None of the razors have been used since they were replated. The two Flat Bottom Techs are identical.

The price for each razor is $135, including USPS Priority Mail CONSUS PayPal only. Please use one of the above numbers so I won't get confused and you'll receive the one you select.

BritSale1.jpg

BritSale2.jpg

If you need additional photos, I have the ones Chris sent me along with a few others I posted here on B&B in various threads.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Sale 3. CONUS unless the buy would pay the shipping differential. PayPal only. Free Shipping as indicated.

Left to right.

7. Muhle R41, Faux Turtle Shell Handle. RazoRock SLOC head, Muhle razor stand. This razor and RR head have not been used. A note on the razor stand, the razor is mounted head down so if you are going to use it, the razor should be cleaned and dried after every shave. The head is plated ZAMAK and needs a bit of extra care for longevity.
Retail Price: $82 plus shipping. My price: $50 Free USPS First Class shipping

8. Merkur 37C Slant razor plus Muhle razor stand. Same caveat above. Retail price: $81 plus shipping. My price: $50 Free USPS First Class Shipping.

9. Blackland Era, including Level 4SB, Level 4OC, Level 5OC and stand. I bought this razor at the clearance prices. I've used the Level 4OC once. I did give the razor, all base plates and the stand a Simichrome polish. The finish is the same color but now is smooth and has a subtle luster.
Sales price: $120. My price: $90 Free USPS First Class Shipping. As you know, the Era is now sold out in these configurations.

Sale3.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Sale 4. I might regret selling these last two razors but time will tell. The first one is the Pearl Flexi. I purchased it for $80 from Murphy and McNeil. People have worried about blade alignment issues from time to time. This is a V. 10, has never been used and the blade alignment is perfect looking down: same exposure on both sides of the top cap/base plate. The vertical alignment when you adjust from 1 to 6 is also perfect. I tried to get a decent shot of that but I think I was too close with my iPhone and it's a bit fuzzy. In any event, if you are looking for a Pearl Flexi and want to avoid the lottery, here is one at an attractive price.

10. Pearl Flexi. Comes with a stand. List Prime: $79.99 My price: $60 including USPS First Class Shipping

11. British Rocket HD 500. This razor isn't in perfect condition in that there are some scratches on the top caps, but the alignment is perfect, the doors work properly. You can find them with more wear than this for $50 and up but most of the ones I found when I was searching for one were more than that and almost always included a hefty shipping charge.
So, My price: $45 including USPS First Class Shipping.

Sale4_1.jpg

Sale4_2.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Nice razors there, Kim. If I wasn't in the 2023 Sabbatical I would scarf up one of your flat bottom techs. Always wanted one....dang it.
You never know.... one of them might still be available at the end of the year/beginning of 2024. They are exactly the same... perfect now thanks to Chris Spencer.

You never know.... one of them might still be available at the end of the year/beginning of 2024. They are exactly the same... perfect now thanks to Chris Spencer.
Yes, Chris does great work. My luck doesn't usually work like that....but here's to hoping.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
If you've been reading any of my posts over the last few months, you will have noticed I purchased quite a few razors... all of them excellent. I've decided to thin down the herd and will be offering quite a few quality razors over the next few weeks.

This is the first offering listed from left to right.

1. Gillette England Flat Bottom Tech #77 (Fat handle). Mirror Nickel Finish. The top of the box on this one has a design. The second one just has rounded corners

2. Gillett England Flat Bottom Tech #77 (Fat handle). Mirror Nickel Finish.

3. Gillette England NEW Raised Flat Bottom #44. Silver plated

All three have been brilliantly replated by Chris Spencer @ Back Roads Gold. I included his tags in the photos and will include them with the shipment. None of the razors have been used since they were replated. The two Flat Bottom Techs are identical.

The price for each razor is $135, including USPS Priority Mail CONSUS PayPal only. Please use one of the above numbers so I won't get confused and you'll receive the one you select.

View attachment 1582743

View attachment 1582744

If you need additional photos, I have the ones Chris sent me along with a few others I posted here on B&B in various threads.

Those nice looking flat bottom techs sure are tempting. Too bad I already have a cased thin handled flat bottom tech, since I actually prefer the thicker handle. Hmm, maybe I need to sell my thin handle FBT... 🤔

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hmm…are you enabling me to fail here my dear Kim?? And so son in the year too? (Well I have worse records - like failing on day 1!)
Guido, you'll be fine.... you'll be able to resist the Lupos..... You already have some very fine razors. We are sort of in the same boat... reducing our RRA. I thank you for guiding me in that direction... I'm serious.... Your posts made me realize, all the testing I was doing was taking away from the enjoyment I get from using the razors that made it into my "top razor" list. That's why I am selling some of the others. I'll keep the two razors our son gave me and the Super Speed birth year razor @luvmysuper PIF'ed me. All the rest of them might disappear over time.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A Note: All the remaining razors have never been used... not once. Even the replated England Flat Bottom Techs have never been used since Chris Spencer @ Back Roads Gold did his magic.

I talked to my wife about the caution I posted about the Muhle razor stands. That might have turned some people off because of the extra time it takes to disassemble, clean, dry and reassemble a razor after every shave. I do this routinely so I didn't think it was a big deal, but it might be off-putting to some people. These little stands are so popular, both Amazon and Muhle direct run out of them after every release. For me, they are the only stand that looks nice when the handle has that little knob on the bottom. You can buy those stands with the circular base where the razor sits upright, but they take up a lot more space on a counter top. One man's opinion, of course... but when they get bought up so quickly, there must be some people who agree with my take. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom