What's new

FS Phoenixkh's Clearance Sale: Razors and Brushes. CONUS Part TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised, I have a few brushes I'm not presently using for sale. I'll try to explain what they are, though, I'm sure most of you will be familiar with them and also why I'm selling them, to help you make an informed decision. All of the brushes will include USPS First Class Shipping with tracking and insurance. If you are going to buy multiple brushes, we'll work out the shipping in a PM so you can save a few dollars. These brushes are offered to CONSUS unless the buyer wishes to add the additional cost but I doubt that will be worthwhile, for the most part.

Group photo with today's date: Friday, January 20th.

GroupBrushes.jpg

1. SV 2.0 Manchurian badger with a Bog Oak handle, silver crown. I have a total of 4 SV 2.0 brushes. They are the ones I use every shave unless I'm involved in one of the monthly challenges. I bought this one from @SgtCrppls for $200 some months ago: my first SV brush. It's in excellent condition. I might kick myself for selling it in the future but I have 3 other SV brushes and don't need 4 in rotation. My price: $150

SV Photos:

SVBogOak1.jpg

SVBogOak2.jpg

2. Two Omega Evo "Original" brushes. These are amazing synthetic brushes. They are the ones that came out first... not the 2.0 fibers: the wavy ones. You can easily find reviews here for both versions of this brush. Based on what I read, I would choose the first version, what I call "Original" and as you can see, I did. Retail Price: $85 plus shipping. My price: $50, Each. You'll have to specify which handle you prefer: Green/Military or Blue. Both have been used only a few times and are in excellent condition.

Omega Evo photo:

EvoBrushes.jpg

3. Two Semogue Owner's Club Mistura mixed bristle badger and boar. Taj or Butterscotch handles. These are lovely brushes. I used them for the last week of May Mistura Madness last year and I took them with me for a month long trip to Bali. They are that good. I'm only selling them because I've grown so fond of the SV Manchurians, they aren't getting used as they should. My price: $50, each.

SOC Misturas Photo:

SOCMisturas.jpg

4. Two Semogue Owner's Club Boar brushes. Taj or Butterscotch handles. Both these brushes have gone through around 24 wet/dry cycles. Neither has been used or seen any soap. I used Berkey filtered water for the soaking process (24 hours or so, bristles only) and air dried them for ~ 48 hours before the repeating process. My price: $28, each.

SOC Boars Photo:

SOCBoars.jpg

I have the original packing materials/boxes for all these brushes. They will be protected from damage in an appropriate manner but as I stated above, they will be insured against any damage, if there are problems with the USPS.

A note: My first Clearance Sale thread is still active. There is really only one bargain there: the England Flat Bottom Tech #77, replated in mirror nickel by Chris Spencer @ Back Roads Gold. The other offerings are a great deal if you like the Muhle razor stand but if not, you are better off just buying those razors on their own. I could have reposted them here but I didn't want to add any confusion.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The SOC boar Butterscotch handle brush and the Butterscotch Mistura are sold, pending funding.

This is an edit.. Both SOC butterscotch handle brushes are pending.

Second edit: Both SOC Butterscotch handle brushes are sold. Thank you, B&B and the B&B buyer.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
An easy update: the remaining brushes are both Synthetic Omega Evo "Original" brushes and the Taj handle boar.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A note on the two Omega Evo brushes. I'm only keeping my ESC two Ultimate G4 brushes synths for my personal use. I have stated it before... I really love their handles: two tone anodized aluminum. My wife is now using the other two: the Rudy Vey STF with the amazing Amboyna burl 26mm handle he turned for me and the FB group buy we got from Steve Tinter @ Alpha Shaving with his G5"D" fibers.

I tried quite a few synth brushes and the Evo brushes made my final cut. They are excellent brushes. The only reason for selling them is lack of use since I reach for my SV or Zenith Manchurian badger brushes most of the time.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The Omega EVO with the Green handle and the SOC Taj Boar have both been sold.

Thank you, B&B and the B&B buyer.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I want to thank all of you who purchased one or more of my brushes. I believe you'll enjoy using them as I have. Thank you B&B for a successful sale.

I have decided to keep the Omega EVO with the blue handle. I will close the thread now and again, Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom