What's new

Phoenixkh: An Old Man's Continuum....

Again this morning I am unable to pay for my order at Your Shaving. Everything works until I push the final button.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Funny, I just got an email response this morning from Your Shaving (not payment related). I was asking them about a product question. I'm supposed to buy something today. I'll post later if the payment goes through. That's if I convince myself to make the purchase, Lol!!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Funny, I just got an email response this morning from Your Shaving (not payment related). I was asking them about a product question. I'm supposed to buy something today. I'll post later if the payment goes through. That's if I convince myself to make the purchase, Lol!!

Thank you. I hope it is straightened out very soon.

I just tried again. No joy. I've done every trick imaginable (by me).

Boo hiss, Jim... I wonder what's going on... We've both placed orders with them before without a hitch.... odd.

Indeed. I've purchased from them several times. Zero problems.

Happy shaves,

Jim

As you know, threads lead to rabbit holes and rabbit holes lead to more threads and deeper rabbit holes.

Jim / @Chan Eil Whiskers mentioned the boar brushes he had and in passing DecemBOAR month came up. I decided, hmmm boar brushes are fairly inexpensive. I think I'll buy a few of those and get them ready for December. Here is the result of that little venture:

From left to right:
1. Zenith Dark Wood B24 Wenghe 24x52
2. Zenith Malachite
3. SOC Butterscotch
4. Omega Jade from Connaught in the UK
5. Zenith B33 with 506 copper handle
6. SOC Taj
7. Omega 10108
8. Zenith unbleached boar 506N XSE, Black Resin Handle

View attachment 1554596

That Zenith Malachite is really nice! I have that same Jade Omega on the way, I'll be interested to hear what you think of it in comparison to those other fine boars you have.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and then rebooting your device?

That didn't work either, David.

I switched to a different browser which did finally work after a few hiccups.

Apparently, as far as I can tell, the problem was this: On the final, different browser (I tried three) a box showed up which required me to check it saying I agreed to the site's privacy terms or something like that. If the box wasn't checked a pop up would remind me to do so. On the first browser neither the box to check nor the popup appeared.

I've used the original browser to order plenty of times from Your Shaving so it's a strange glitch.

The good news is I've ordered three more unnecessary boar brushes for December.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Apparently, as far as I can tell, the problem was this: On the final, different browser (I tried three) a box showed up which required me to check it saying I agreed to the site's privacy terms or something like that. If the box wasn't checked a pop up would remind me to do so. On the first browser neither the box to check nor the popup appeared.

I've used the original browser to order plenty of times from Your Shaving so it's a strange glitch.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I have a similar thing happen on Pasteur's website all the time. When I use Chrome it won't let me pay with Paypal. When I check off the user agreement and click "pay", it scrolls back up to the top of the screen and just stays there without accepting the payment.
If I use Microsoft Edge, it always works perfectly.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Happy shaves,

Jim
That's the spirit! :thumbup:

(Glad you got it figured out.)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Good news indeed! On the same note, I have been having lots of browser problems lately. Seriously thinking of trying Mint...

~doug~
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Chromium or Firefox have worked without issue for me.
I have a similar thing happen on Pasteur's website all the time. When I use Chrome it won't let me pay with Paypal. When I check off the user agreement and click "pay", it scrolls back up to the top of the screen and just stays there without accepting the payment.
If I use Microsoft Edge, it always works perfectly.
microsoft now uses the open source Chromium browser as the base for Edge.

microsoft now uses the open source Chromium browser as the base for Edge.
Yep!
But it's weird because Chromium (and Edge) uses the same engine as Chrome. And the problems I've had are with Chrome but haven't had the issues with Edge. Since Chromium is open source, MS must have coded something that
makes Edge more stable on some websites.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I had another great shave with the X1. Well, it ended up brilliant. I had a blade in there and hadn't really kept track of its usage. I was having trouble getting my chin smooth... changed out the blade and everything ended fine.. smooth as silk.

Canada Shaving soap, SV 2.0 brush, the usual pre and post shave products, Kai Titan MG guarded blade, and the wonderful ATT X1 AC Slant... what a marvelous combo...

I'll get my little razor collection depicted tomorrow. I'll have to add the Athena if and when it shows up. I'm hoping for a "when". <eg>

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Zenith.Badger.Horse.Turquoise..png

I have some interest in this badger/horse brush in an exclusive turquoise color.

If I've heard of or seen a badger/horse mixture I don't remember it.

Here's the link to the vendor.

1668219044526.png
1668219072837.png

While there I found this brush. Apparently these are its two sides. Yes, this is one brush from two angles. It is Manchurian and Silvertip or so they say.

Weird stuff one can run across. I'm tempted.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Yep!
But it's weird because Chromium (and Edge) uses the same engine as Chrome. And the problems I've had are with Chrome but haven't had the issues with Edge. Since Chromium is open source, MS must have coded something that
makes Edge more stable on some websites.
Correct. Chromium is the base engine. Both Edge and Chrome (plus Brave, Opera and a few others) build their browsers from there.

Top Bottom