What's new

phoen artisan accountments the best synthetic brushes out there?

I have all of PAA's shaving brushes offerings. all synthetic. their latest brush release the starwisp is a homerun with me. razorock and WCS have some good syntheric brush offerings. I like wcs's two tone boss knot synthetics and razorock also has good synthetic brushes, but none are as good as PAA's synthetic offierings. the handles on the PAA's brushes are unique and they are lather beasts. I am currently using the starwisp as my latest brush and it's just incredible. a big fan/bulb knot with a unique long purple handle. I pulled out the star craft recently and did a test lather with it ad my god, it created a gigantic lather I did not think was possible with this brush given that the knot is smaller than the knot on Paa's other synthetic brushes. anyone have the starcraft or any other PAA brushes? what are your thoughts on them? do you like the handles on the brushes?

I bought a Peregrino, my first synthetic after 20 years of using a boar. I was blown away by it. At first, I was taken aback by the size of the handle, but I have become used to it now. It actually takes a lot less work to whip up a lather, and it is far superior for painting strokes. Great brush, even more so when you consider the price!

I have a Starcraft and like it a lot for soft soaps and creams. The handle is great, very solid and pretty large, but manageable. I just have a lot of other brushes to rotate.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I have all of PAA's shaving brushes offerings. all synthetic. their latest brush release the starwisp is a homerun with me. razorock and WCS have some good syntheric brush offerings. I like wcs's two tone boss knot synthetics and razorock also has good synthetic brushes, but none are as good as PAA's synthetic offierings. the handles on the PAA's brushes are unique and they are lather beasts. I am currently using the starwisp as my latest brush and it's just incredible. a big fan/bulb knot with a unique long purple handle. I pulled out the star craft recently and did a test lather with it ad my god, it created a gigantic lather I did not think was possible with this brush given that the knot is smaller than the knot on Paa's other synthetic brushes. anyone have the starcraft or any other PAA brushes? what are your thoughts on them? do you like the handles on the brushes?

I haven't owned any of PAA's brushes, but I do own a couple of their star jelly aftershaves and I love them. I haven't seen these brushes, would you mind posting pictures of your brushes, so I can googly eye over them? 😍

I haven't owned any of PAA's brushes, but I do own a couple of their star jelly aftershaves and I love them. I haven't seen these brushes, would you mind posting pictures of your brushes, so I can googly eye over them? 😍

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Looks like they only have synthetic brushes, and they look like small ones at that. Well, if they work, they work, and if it makes someone happy great. But I will stick with my badger brushes. I will say, I do like a couple of their brush handles though, PAA has a couple nice ones in that way. :)

Top Bottom