What's new

Philips 6000 or 7000 or 9000 series ?

Hi all,
Based on all inputs/guidance in this thread I have almost decided to go with Braun series 7. Series 9 is costly to me.
I am getting series 7 model with station for 10 euros more than without station, hence planning to go with station.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01IN8LBOY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&th=1

But this model I think is available from 2016. I hope there are no new models in 7000 series which are launched later to this model with same performance which I have missed to consider. If so please suggest/guide me.
There are new Braun shavers including a new 7 series. I have the model you are looking at and I am not interested in any of their new shavers. Here’s the link:

There are new Braun shavers including a new 7 series. I have the model you are looking at and I am not interested in any of their new shavers. Here’s the link:

Hi flyboybob thanks a lot for taking time and replying to me. So u have the model which i am planning to buy in 7000 series and its gives complete shave right?
The new model some how not yet launched in europe.

Hi flyboybob thanks a lot for taking time and replying to me. So u have the model which i am planning to buy in 7000 series and its gives complete shave right?
The new model some how not yet launched in europe.
I have the US version model 7983s. The European models may have more black than silver and may have different model numbers but the 7 series shavers are basically the same.

I have used it nearly every morning since I bought it in April. It shaves very close without any irritation. I shave dry in the morning before washing my face or showering. I have to go over the same area several times in both left and right followed by up and down. It takes about 5 minutes from start to finish. I don’t have the cleaning station so I can’t comment on it.

Hope you enjoy your new shaver. I suggest that you use it daily for a couple of weeks before making a judgement on the quality of the shave to allow your face and your beard to become accustomed to the shaver.

I have the US version model 7983s. The European models may have more black than silver and may have different model numbers but the 7 series shavers are basically the same.

I have used it nearly every morning since I bought it in April. It shaves very close without any irritation. I shave dry in the morning before washing my face or showering. I have to go over the same area several times in both left and right followed by up and down. It takes about 5 minutes from start to finish. I don’t have the cleaning station so I can’t comment on it.

Hope you enjoy your new shaver. I suggest that you use it daily for a couple of weeks before making a judgement on the quality of the shave to allow your face and your beard to become accustomed to the shaver.

Thanks for the reply anyways i dont shave daily but it should be good 4 to 5 days beard also. Let me see how it would work

The Series 7 was actually launched in 2010, so has been around a decade. Essentially unchanged, because it's a design that works. As an electric shaver, it has deservedly earned a reputation as one of the best - the new 7000 Series will need to be considerably better for current owners to switch, and it's a completely different design. Having said that, since you are new to electric shavers your face will need a period of adjustment - most manufacturers recommend at least a couple of weeks, and it could take longer. And you won't get as close a shave as a blade - closer than most electrics with a Series 7, but not blade close. And electrics, by design, are made to shave a shorter beard, so waiting, say, a week between shaves may not give you optimum results, although the flat trimmer bar in the center of the Series 7 head was developed to overcome that deficiency. Rotary shavers are generally better at reducing longer hair, but no electric will accommodate the same beard length as a blade. The key to electric shaving is patience, and a light touch. Good luck!

The Series 7 was actually launched in 2010, so has been around a decade. Essentially unchanged, because it's a design that works. As an electric shaver, it has deservedly earned a reputation as one of the best - the new 7000 Series will need to be considerably better for current owners to switch, and it's a completely different design. Having said that, since you are new to electric shavers your face will need a period of adjustment - most manufacturers recommend at least a couple of weeks, and it could take longer. And you won't get as close a shave as a blade - closer than most electrics with a Series 7, but not blade close. And electrics, by design, are made to shave a shorter beard, so waiting, say, a week between shaves may not give you optimum results, although the flat trimmer bar in the center of the Series 7 head was developed to overcome that deficiency. Rotary shavers are generally better at reducing longer hair, but no electric will accommodate the same beard length as a blade. The key to electric shaving is patience, and a light touch. Good luck!
I agree with everything Scaramouche said. Once your face and beard becomes accustomed to the shaver, you may find it so quick and easy to shave you may shave every other day or even daily. Because my beard itches after not shaving for a couple of days I shave first thing in the morning. My Braun has no problem handling two days growth.

I agree with everything Scaramouche said. Once your face and beard becomes accustomed to the shaver, you may find it so quick and easy to shave you may shave every other day or even daily. Because my beard itches after not shaving for a couple of days I shave first thing in the morning. My Braun has no problem handling two days growth.
My Brauns can handle 5 days worth no problem. Takes about fifteen minutes.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom