What's new

Pheasant Phridays phor Fasan

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I had a brain-wave this morning while thinking about my next shave. I plan to pull out the Fasan Double Slant and a fresh blade. Judging from the traffic lately there's more than a few Fasans in hands ready to use them, so I want to see if we can pull off "Pheasant Phridays" for a while.

I'm posting this on a Wednesday so people can plan.

See y'all on Pheasant Phriday! Post up here with your "POTD" -- Pheasant of the Day.

The thread is open for anyone with a Fasan or with a razor clearly derived from Fasan, such as the PBOCS, the El Fantasma, and other similar razors.

O.H.

Fasan Doppelschräg ready for Action
089B2A6B-402F-4EE1-B99B-39690865441F.jpeg

CD98A55C-FAD9-4D30-8B24-1BD960903B30.jpeg
Pre: Proraso red
Razor: Fasan doppelschräg on Fatip Grande handle
Blade: Astra SP 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Captain in Best
Cream: Proraso red
Result: not as smooth and efficient as the FOCS but still DFS

Old Hippie

SOTD: Pheasant Friday December 4, 2020
Razor: Fasan Double Slant
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Cherry Semogue Owner's Club boar
Soap: Proraso Green

IMG_0457[1].JPG

First time out after Cerakoting! Also, in honour of "DecemBOAR" I'm beginning the break-in on a new SOC. The razor just felt like today it was going to tackle a two-pass shave, so away we went with a fresh blade.

Lovely! With a little cleanup, BBS was just waiting for me to get there. Noisy! This thing is probably the noisiest razor I have, including the Kampfe Star lather catcher.

O.H.

Old Hippie

POTD: Pheasant Phriday December 11, 2020
Razor: Fasan Double Slant
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Brush: Semogue Owner's Club Cherry for DecemBOAR
Soap: Proraso Green

IMG_0457[1].JPG

After last Pheasant Phriday I thought I had a little irritation from what was a pretty close shave with a fresh blade. A week on with a few shaves on it and right in the sweet spot for the best shaves in the blade, so I decided to go for three passes instead of my more usual two.

This Fasan is a lot happier with three passes. I've got a nice DFS now, no irritation.

The brush is breaking in nicely. At first I went back twice during a shave to build some more lather. Then I only had to go back once. We're almost down to one-and-done now, but at the very end I made a little extra to handle the cleanups. I didn't really have to do that this morning, but since I'm trying to use up the soap anyway I decided to do it.

O.H.

Top Bottom