What's new

Peterson, Nearly 40 Year Wait

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I go through phases of smoking and not smoking pipes. Many years ago I sold all my pipes for $1 apiece, except a CAO meerschaum. So various corncobs and that little meerschaum have gotten me through my return phases. I thought I kept my Savinelli dry system pipe too, but can’t find it. So anyway, I just pulled the trigger at smokingpipes.com on a Peterson XL315. Peterson System Standard Smooth (XL315) P-Lip | Buy Peterson Tobacco Pipes at Smokingpipes - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=366442

I’ve been wanting a Peterson System pipe since I first learned about them nearly 40 years ago. I’m looking forward to finally getting one. I was torn between a few styles and colors, but decided that just getting one was better than trying to figure out which one might be slightly better than the other.

Posting here to remind me about it later on and discuss Peterson factoids with all the Peterson lovers.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I go through phases of smoking and not smoking pipes. Many years ago I sold all my pipes for $1 apiece, except a CAO meerschaum. So various corncobs and that little meerschaum have gotten me through my return phases. I thought I kept my Savinelli dry system pipe too, but can’t find it. So anyway, I just pulled the trigger at smokingpipes.com on a Peterson XL315. Peterson System Standard Smooth (XL315) P-Lip | Buy Peterson Tobacco Pipes at Smokingpipes - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=366442

I’ve been wanting a Peterson System pipe since I first learned about them nearly 40 years ago. I’m looking forward to finally getting one. I was torn between a few styles and colors, but decided that just getting one was better than trying to figure out which one might be slightly better than the other.

Posting here to remind me about it later on and discuss Peterson factoids with all the Peterson lovers.
I expect all Perersons are good. I’ve had two for years and they are excellent. One is a system pipe and the other is, I believe, a Prince. Another brand I like very much is GBD. They can only be found as estate pipes now but worth the effort to obtain. In any case, congratulations. Stuff it, Fire it up , kick back and enjoy.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Sweet! I have a few Pete system pipes, all obtained as vintage, ranging from well used to like new, all smoke great. I have a couple of non-system Peterson pipes as well. All good smokers! Enjoy!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
So how's that pipe working out for you?

I love it and bought another smaller one (317) as well. I find the smaller one much more useable for a quick smoke or for when I want to be moving around because it hangs nicely in my teeth. The larger one is great for sitting and relaxing for a longer smoke.

the XL315 fresh out of the box.
2962EAF0-2DBA-4BA6-BC6E-66B164714180.jpeg

First smoke was the last of my McClelland’s Black Woods Flake.
C685E71E-97E2-4D01-A468-849520E3E2D9.jpeg

The two side by side.
B0D1F0FE-EE0B-4DA1-B5EC-C5B85F6A1DB7.jpeg

I had them shipped to my parent’s so I could enjoy them at my cottage nearby. It was a good weekend.

Top Bottom