What's new

Peterson Dunhill Vs Dunhill

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I dont notice a big difference to my young pallette. That being said..the Dunhill version was made by the same people doing the Peterson version.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I think it’s fair to say other than flavor differences due to variations in tobacco crops they are the same. At least Elizabethan was close enough.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Good because I’m expecting Match Elizabethan (now Victoria) any day now

Is that the Sutliff blend? It’s a really good blend, but the Perique is a little more “musty” than the Dunhill Elizabethan. Wasn’t a close match to me but still worthy of keeping some on hand. Cheaper too.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Is that the Sutliff blend? It’s a really good blend, but the Perique is a little more “musty” than the Dunhill Elizabethan. Wasn’t a close match to me but still worthy of keeping some on hand. Cheaper too.
Yes. As I never had the Dunhill, I have a bit of an advantage here smile 😊. Thanks
Steve

I now had the chance to compare Dunhill's Standard Mixture with Peterson's Standard Mixture. It's the same tobacco. Just the same very slight differences as with any other new tin of Dunhills in the past.

And let's be honest: why should it be different?

I don't believe that Cyprian Latakia is artificially flavoured for different reasons (esp. the German governmental institutions who always monitor the tobacco industry very closely!).

So, I looked it up in the German government database. All Dunhill Blends with Latakia do not contain any flavouring, only preservertives and humectant agents. The Kohlhase & Kopp Englishes (like Mc Connell Oriental and the Rattray Blends) contain flavouring, but I would guess not for the Latakia.

So, I looked it up in the German government database. All Dunhill Blends with Latakia do not contain any flavouring, only preservertives and humectant agents. The Kohlhase & Kopp Englishes (like Mc Connell Oriental and the Rattray Blends) contain flavouring, but I would guess not for the Latakia.

Do you have a link to the database? It seems like it would be interesting to look up a few blends that I have wondered about...

Top Bottom