What's new

Petal Pusher Fancies

Are all of their soaps now the old PPF formula? I find the PPF soaps I have (amber and coconut) to be great and the HGTAM I have (gondolier) to be just ok.

I don't think anybody has any clue what's going on with them right now. I don't feel like there's been enough time to fully cycle through all the old stock from previous batches, but then again I have 0 idea what type of inventory or volume they (whoever they are) dealt with. It's possible that they're still shipping product from before the switch over but with different labels. I guess we'll find out once people start buying it and using it, but I haven't heard a peep.

Are all of their soaps now the old PPF formula? I find the PPF soaps I have (amber and coconut) to be great and the HGTAM I have (gondolier) to be just ok.

Asked when I first heart they were merging, was told HTGAM 2.5. I preferred the PPF to HTGAM formula as well.

I'm glad that you posted your thoughts even though you felt that it was a minority view. I sometimes wonder that when new soaps come out and there's a lot of excitement that folks who have different experiences wouldn't always want to be contrarian. A tip of the hat to you, Verity.

I'm a big believer (my wife would now say, how big?) of the YMMV ethos that's traditionally celebrated on B&B. We all have our own unique senses of scent, skin chemistry and simple likes and dislikes. I've been reflecting on this ethos as I've been spending some time on the various facebook wet shaving groups, which on the whole need a little more YMMV and a little less "Take no prisoners" attitude.

In light of the controversies this summer surrounding HTGAM/PPF/Phoenix and the apparent number of revisions, I've wondered how if there were consistency problems from one batch to another.

Thanks for the comment. When I started wet shaving a friend sent me a tin of B&M Vetiver, Heather and Clary Sage. I liked the scent immediately, but the girlfriend didn't. About a month or so later, she suddenly tells me she really like it. It grew on her. Shows that the nose can change for whatever reason. This happened to me with B&M's Bay Rum as well. Didn't like it at first, love it now. So, I was hoping this was going to happen with the four PPF scents I obtained. Never has in the dozen or so shaves, though the Oakmoss is the best, but it still leaves me wanting. YMMV indeed.

I wonder as well. I have PPF Coconut and Cucumber, and both smell great. Coconut is downright edible smelling, and while play doh is also edible, it's more like a coconut pie to me. I don't get play doh at all. But likewise, I've yet to smell a B&M scent that appealed to me after trying 4 so far, so I think Verity and I probably just have very different sniffers.

You and I my friend, have different sniffers. My friend who gave em the PPF samples loves them, but hated the Black Tea. I really, really wanted to love them but the scent and a touch of burn after each shave did it in for me.
Good news is that there is more B&M for me, and more PPF for you.

Oh, PPF isn't really my soap of choice (though it's pretty good). And I haven't given up on B&M yet... one of these days I'll try his Orange and Cedar (since Mike's Orange/Cedar/Black Pepper is a favorite of mine) or Seville.

My current favorite scents other than Mikes OCBP are Sterling Ozark Mountain and Strop Shoppe Austin. TTF Ignite is very nice as well. There's a scent out there for every sniffer!

Top Bottom