What's new

Pet Peeves

My pet peeve? Women with long nails who try to type with them. In the IT business, it drives me bonkers. And as an Orthodox priest, it drives me bonkers as well, especially when they clack their nails on chairs and things during services.

My pet peeve? Women with long nails who try to type with them. In the IT business, it drives me bonkers. And as an Orthodox priest, it drives me bonkers as well, especially when they clack their nails on chairs and things during services.

I know that one, too. I can't stand the sound of nails clacking.

People who park in handicap spots without a placard.
People who decide that they can view your medical history with a glance and assume you have no business parking in a handicapped spot.
TV show gunfire that is much louder than the show itself so you have to choose between hearing what is said or going deaf whenever there is shooting
Co-workers who thrive on drama
People who use my backyard as a shortcut

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Men who don't clip their nose hairs. My eyes get all crossed, I can't stop staring at them...its like seeing two badgers struggling to back their way out of a cave that's too small. The ears are another story.

Last edited:
Men who don't clip their nose hairs. My eyes get all crossed, I can't stop staring at them...its like seeing two badgers struggling to back their way out of a cave that's too small.

The ears are another story.
People who don't control their own kids in stores (especially antique stores)
people who butt into my parenting with "he just needs a spanking" no no he doesn't he's autistic thank you!!

"But ... I'm only going to be here a couple minutes ..."

I admit I have the most fun with that excuse. I pull out my cane from the trunk (from when I had drop foot/ back surgery last year) and then I sit and wait at the vehicle in question. I lean against the vehicle and then when the (suspected) owner comes out I apologize for having to lean on their vehicle and "explain" that I am just so exhausted because I've had to walk from the far end of the parking lot because some inconsiderate person parked illegally in the handicapped parking space. Then I hobble along inside the store and lament about how hard it is going to be to do my shopping when I am already exhausted. This works best during heat waves or in the dead of winter when every paved service in this town is basically a skating rink.

Just to note, I don't have a handicapped placard but my husband does.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Guys who jog too loud on the treadmill. Bam, bam, bam, bam, bam ,bam, bam, bam,bam ,bam, bam, bam, bam, bam!!!!!! See what I mean? Don't they know I'm trying to watch TV?

They can't make up their minds. Are they a flip? Or a flop?

$fliporflop2.jpg

Top Bottom